Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabelas ammo order cancelled

k.stone

central Ohio
Bastards strung me along for 2 months. Backordered in Dec. and they sent an email in Jan. saying it would be sent in March.
Got an email yesterday saying it was cancelled. Pisses me off that they strung me along as I HAD opportunities to buy in the meantime. Those opportunites no longer exist so fugg me.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The ammo frenz is going on. We took 22 bricks of 22LR to the Dayton show today and gone within hours. At 50.00 per brick. We didn't set the price just following everyone else.
I will probaly bring some to the Lima show next weekend.
Frank

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
What was your order? I ordered some from them last week and it was delivered the other day.

At the gunshow I was at today (Dalton) 22LR was anywhere from 40-75 per brick of 500.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
x2! it should be half that.

I have been checking around here regularly and haven't been able to find anything but shotshells.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I went to 2 different WalMarts in Florida a couple of weeks ago, their ammo cases were completely empty.

Same in Ms. I did manage to find one 100 round box of Winchester target FMJ im 45 at wal mart. But I wasn't about to pay 47 bucks for them.

k.stone

central Ohio
Did they give a reason why?

This is part of their reply-

"Due to dramatic changes in market conditions, Cabela’s has cancelled backorders for certain high-demand products. As always, it is our goal to deliver the same top-quality products and high level of service you have come to expect from Cabela’s. However, we believe it better to cancel backorders than to present unrealistic expectations to our valued customers."-

I understand the high demand and such but didn't favor the string me along part. Have several friends orders that where cancelled also and some that were filled. They probably didn't care for the 2000 round order of .223.

I have since "ordered" some 223 and 9mm from a friend of a friend that has pallets of it. We'll see how that turns out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our Wally world was fairly empty as well but they did have some generic 22.250 there... that was two days ago no common rounds and no. 22 rounds at all.... even the gun shops are bare.... they have the guns but no ammo to go with it.....