Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NAFA Auction

bigdave

Well fellas the ride along ends. Seasons are pretty much done except rat and beaver. No more beaver on my properties and the rats left are gonna be seed for next year. Figured I would post my averages and grades of my top critters.

Critter Avg. Top Price Grade

Muskrats - $13.92 $15.50 3XL-XXL *I AVG,WTR

Beaver - $38.00 $48.00 XL SLT BR SEM

Coyote - $52.33 $76.00 3XL-XXL I-II GC 1-4 NC,AVG

Raccoon - $34.93 $51.00 3XL *SEL 2-3

Thanks for letting me share the year. Just a few furs in the shed to send for next auction... Till next year when we can do it all over again.

oakswamper

around Toledo
NAFA’s 2013 winter Wild Fur auction opened with a record number of buyers in the auction room actively bidding for one of the largest and best collections of wild fur in recent memory.

The sale began with a terrific offering of North American Wild Mink which sold under strong competition at as much as 25% over expectations to new high levels.

Musquash sold at very high prices, totally dominated by China, advancing 10 % over last year’s already high February levels.

Fisher was one of the highlights of the previous day’s sale as it sold at prices that haven’t been seen in recent times, advancing more than 40% over expected levels. Chinese manufacturers and retailers played a major role in establishing these new prices.

Can-Am Sables were also a highly sought after article by Chinese buyers who aggressively competed with the established markets for this item and pushed it to record price levels.

Day One of the Wild Fur sale concluded with an offering of nearly 440,000 raccoons which sold under strong competition from China at prices, once again, not seen in recent memory.

Ranched Silver Fox sold well at advancing price levels, with some resistance for the best quality and biggest sizes.