Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361499188.777242.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Crawdads:smiley_clap:

Heck yeah! Seemed like every time I came home to visit they weren't in season. Finally came back to visit in peak season when they have stands all over. For a few weeks a season people park trailers in business parking lots advertising crawfish. They cook them right there In the trailer and sell em by the pound. That's about 8 pounds. I talked Jess in to trying them and she loved them. I ate till I was plum sick. Fat and happy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Them look real good Joe. I had em deep fried in Destin Fla. a few years ago and couldn't keep my daughters out of em. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Never had them before...thinking I need to fix that! I see them at our local grocery store but just haven't done it yet. You heat them up when you eat them or keep them cool like cocktail shrimp??

The ones in Ohio are nasty. I've tried many times to reheat the precooked ones found at the grocery store. I can't stand them. For them to be any good you have to get them either shipped from the south or find a place that sells them live.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Agreed. Joe knows far more about them than I do, but I didn't like them after the first few times I had them. Then I had fresh, flown in from Louisiana and cooked on the spot crawdads and damn if they weren't tasty!!!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yum! Great eating there Joe! There's a seafood joint in Zanesville, that has them and they are delicious. Phil's Seafood is the place and I recommend it TOO anybody!