Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Noted Gun expert Joe Biden on home defense

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
[video=youtube;wIuk3G9Xixc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuk3G9Xixc[/video]

So lets see how many dumb things....
1.) Point gun in the air and fire (not even having a direct threat to you, just if you feel threatened)
2.) Have no idea what is downrange of what you are firing at....
3.) Empty the firearm when you may be in trouble
4.) A 12 gauge shotgun is easier to fire and manipulate than an AR15?

If it wasn't so serious I'd be ROLFMAO. Also the voice of the person interviewing him sounds like a prepubescent boy. I'm also wondering since women are now allowed to be in combat positions in the military if that means they will be carrying double barrel shotguns rather than M4s, M60s, etc?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Does he really tell this to his wife? Do they not have Secret Service guarding them? Sure. I believe this is what he tells his wife.

Double barrel shotguns aren't really what I am thinking to be ideal for "everyone". Take a petite 110lb wife. Hand her a double barreled shotgun. Get your video camera ready after you put on your flack jacket. Start shooting video after you are standing behind something sturdy. lmao

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm pro-choice. I support your right to choose the weapon you feel most comfortable with. I don't care if you choose a bat, a .22 revolver, a 9mm pistol with a big mag, a shotgun of any type, or a SA rifle. Heck I don't care if YOU choose to do nothing. But DON'T tell ME what to use.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well what did you really expect from someone that knows nothing. So he's telling his wife to do a illegal discharge of a firearm in city limits. OK.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It was all a lie anyway. That dude can't speak without lying.

Katies Restaurant...
Amish killings...

Claimed to be at both. Katies is closed and he wasn't even in the same County as the Amish shootings but claimed to be within earshot of the firearm used.

Douche nozzle...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
More proof they are doing whatever they can to disarm him. They know its bullshit, but that's why they put it out there. The more idiots they can produce with guns, the easier it will be for them to take away our rights. We're fucked in the long run...

Huckleberry Finn

I just want to know if Uncle Joe is sitting next to a man or woman...watched it 3 times and can't tell.

You guys are idiots. This is supposed to be reassuring that Uncle Joe and Barry won't take away our hunting guns. Duh. Ain't no one gonna get close to Joe's Beretta! :smiley_depressive:

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
JOE! Joe! What the hell do I do if there three or four or more or em you dumb b@$*@*d?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Now some people have taken him up on his advice....humorously (thank goodness)
[video=youtube;jafkVM-jnbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Hahahahahaha!!! I have a shotgun for home defense, but yea, I've told the GF to use the .37 in the bedside in case of any trouble....

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
and the NRA's rebuttal
[video=youtube;qq2FoGND6uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq2FoGND6uw&feature=player_embedded#t=0s[/video]

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Now in an interview with Field and Stream found here Biden continues to offer more self defense "advice" and stupidity.

F&S: What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice?

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you.

F&S: Many of our readers asked a question that gets to the heart of what you’re saying here. What’s the difference between, say, a semiautomatic hunting rifle that has traditional looks and characteristics and one that is an AR and labeled an assault rifle? One of the criticisms has been that it’s really only about cosmetic features—pistol grips, rails, barrel shrouds. How do those features make a rifle any more deadly or dangerous than a semiautomatic rifle that has a—

V.P. BIDEN: The thing that makes it the deadliest are the size of the round and how many rounds you have in a magazine. And the cops are coming to us and saying, “We’re being outgunned. We’re being outgunned.” And so there’s always a balancing test, whether it’s the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, an individual right to use the weapon, is whether or not that weapon—if it had a magazine with only 10 shells in it as opposed to 30 or more, does that make a difference?

Does it make a difference in terms of the public safety of the, in this case, police officers who are being outgunned for someone to be able to have a weapon that has a much longer range and greater lethality with, you know, 10, 20, 30 or 40 rounds?

And so the question is, is that necessary for you to protect yourself? How many legitimate hunters go out and hunt like that?

F&S: It’s a very popular rifle, and it’s popular for varmints and smaller game, and actually, the round is actually not as effective or powerful as many more traditional big-game rounds.

V.P. BIDEN: Well, I think that’s true. In fact, I know that’s true, having fired the assault weapons or however you want to characterize semiautomatic rifles. But the answer is that basically police say, “We’re being outgunned,” and the limitation on the individual right to bear arms, hunt, protect yourself, et cetera, is not infringed upon to any degree, and it’s offset by the public need for that to be eliminated as a weapon being able to be used against, in this case, police officers.

F&S: Well, this brings up a common question that we got from a lot of readers, and I’ll use the reader Mike Hooker who asked this: “AR-style rifles, or what are being called assault rifles, are in fact used for many legitimate purposes. What is the reason for banning these popular rifles when, according to the 2011 FBI Uniform Crime Report, they are used in fewer than 1 percent of all firearm-related criminal homicides?”

V.P. BIDEN: Because there are so many out there, and police don’t want more out there, because they’re being outgunned. That’s the reason why.

F&S: According to the statistics, more handguns are used in crimes.

V.P. BIDEN: Well, by the way, that’s true. That’s absolutely true. That’s why we want to limit the clips, the size of the magazine on handguns.

There is much more bovine excrement being stated if you read the entire article.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Biden came to the Canfield Fair last year. A friend was given the job of showing him around the 4-H/livestock barns. He said "That boy is dumber then a box of rocks!" And they weren't even talking guns.