Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Setting out a bunch tomorrow

matt hougan

Dayton area
I got a boat load of Moultrie cameras in the mail last week and I need to deploy them and get some pictures. Tomorrow is the day. I am really excited to see what pictures I can get with the Panoramic camera.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
a lil late man, might get a lot of "does"

but still thats cool man, hang em up and share the pics!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds good. Never too early to start for next year I suppose. Did you get your thank you card from Energizer yet? That is the worst part of getting multiple new cameras at the same time: Batteries cost as much as a camera. lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds good. Never too early to start for next year I suppose. Did you get your thank you card from Energizer yet? That is the worst part of getting multiple new cameras at the same time: Batteries cost as much as a camera. lmao

Ain't that the damn truth! I will setting out 12 at some point and the thought of batteries about killed me!!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well at least with the SpyPoint cameries I got over 200 pictures and batteries still going strong.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I routinely get 2,500-4K on my cams with little issue, even in cold weather. So you are in good shape there!

Agreed. Spend good money on the Energizer Ultimate Lithium (I think that is what it is called) and they DO last a long time. Some cameras eat batteries while others are not so bad. Every camera I have used which required double A batteries has been easier on batteries than those using C or D cells. Not sure if this is always the case or just my luck on different camera models.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Go for it, hope you get some great pics. It's never too late or early to put out trail cameras.

I agree with what many have said, just STUDY the pictures!

I so often this time of year get lazy and just zip through them, but if you study them you might notice that big doe is a large buck. I try to notice identifying marks so I can tell if it is them in the fall!

Just a few tips, enjoy the cams!

bassandbucks

I just checked out the Moultrie panoramics. Cool idea! I promised myself that my next camera would be a blackout camera with no flash though. Good idea to take inventory after season. All my trail camera photo's still have bucks carrying. I switched all camera's to external battery packs and love them! Have fun playing with your new camera's!!

matt hougan

Dayton area
I'm not s much worried about taking inventory of bucks as I am getting familiar with the cameras themselves. I should change my username to Dokillr. Maybe I'm weird but I don't give a rip about horns. I like eatin! besides deer season usually coincides with duck season....lol

A buddy of mine took this picture earlier this year, beautiful.

Last edited: