Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Unbelievable!!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I have a buddy who got a pretty penny off his property for oil and gas rights, well we always joked that if we came into money we would go somewhere on a big game hunt. He calls me last night and asks me if I have vacation coming and if I have a passport, I told him I have 4 weeks vacation but no passport so he tells me to go to the post office this morning and get my paperwork and get things started on my passport because we are going to Newfoundland this fall to hunt black bear!!!! I about fell out of my seat! I told him I thought we was just joking when we talked about it in the past but he said he wasnt! It looks like we will be going in Oct. for a 6 day hunt at Ocean side country lodge outfitters. He is calling tommorow to pay our deposits and to get things rolling!! I am pumped after reading the outfitters e-mail and checking their website, we have a buddy that hunted with these guys a few years ago and shot a 465 lb. bear. Things look good there and the outfitter has some good reviews! I can hunt with rifle or bow, I really want to shoot one with a bow but I'm unsure right now what I will be taking.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
St Johns is awesome too party at.... always enjoyed that area .... Congrats that's a pretty good Buddy their....

Huckleberry Finn

They aint lying when they say that money changes lives...good to hear that it's bring friends closer together!

Enjoy your hunt man...

I'd say take your bow and a nice brush gun in a heavy caliber...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good things happen to good people. Sounds like you have been a very good friend. I hope the two of you have the hunt of a lifetime! Sounds like a stand up guy you have for a friend. You are blessed Tad! I am happy for you!