Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some of God's miracles are not large

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They say "The Lord works in mysterious way" and it is not without reason. Now I am going to be the first to tell you I am not the best Christian out there. I try like heck, but I certainly have my faults.

Last summer the neighbor to one of our properties was hit by a car while on his motorcycle. He just never did seem to recover fully. Spent lots of time in hospital, nursing home, rehab, etc. Has been home for a good while now but had home nurse coming in to help him out. I had talked to other neighbors and friends and they kept telling me NOT to go see him because he just was a mess. Said he got tired and not to bother him. Mr. John liked to talk and I enjoyed his company whenever I visited the property.

Last week I felt this strange need to go see him. I decided I didn't care what others were saying. If he was still in rehab and having home health nurses in daily, then I am sure a friendly face couldn't hurt to try to lift his spirits. Seems like weeks following an accident the patient is flooded with visitors, but months following they get lonely. I stopped in hoping to find out what he sprayed on my apple trees last summer (he refused any money at the time). I figured I could repay the favor and spray mine and his pear trees at the same time this year. Unfortunately, his wife answered the door and told me he was sleeping. I asked her to let him know I stopped over and please let him know I said "hello" and to wish him my best.

Yesterday, I get a phone call from a neighbor on the other side of our property. Mr John had passed away. Like I said, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I truly believe He wanted me to stop in and see my neighbor. Some of God's miracles are often never heard by others. He is working in our daily lives, but we do not always take the time to listen. I truly believe He wanted me to see Mr John. Is it a miracle? I don't know. To me it is. Count your blessings people. You never know when your number is up. RIP Mr John.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
might be the truest post I ever read on the internet. Never ignore those internal feelings.

Great thread/post hicks.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Another great example...

My buddy Dave's wife was driving home last night with their two kids after a gymnastics lesson.
She was traveling on a 4 lane (rt 22) and was getting ready to pass a van. Something inside her said just stay behind him. As she moved back behind him a car came barreling through going the wrong way on the 4 lane. It would've hit her head on at 65.

Thank God she listened.

Didn't mean to hijack Phil, but seemed like another great example.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Another great example...

My buddy Dave's wife was driving home last night with their two kids after a gymnastics lesson.
She was traveling on a 4 lane (rt 22) and was getting ready to pass a van. Something inside her said just stay behind him. As she moved back behind him a car came barreling through going the wrong way on the 4 lane. It would've hit her head on at 65.

Thank God she listened.

Didn't mean to hijack Phil, but seemed like another great example.

Not at all a problem. We hear of miracles. We hear of instances where something superhuman occurs. I think many times we don't recognize the small actions which are clearly God's hands at work. Maybe we notice them, but how often do we share? I mean, this wasn't anything life changing for me. I just felt or sensed I needed to go see my neighbor. Looking back, I am just saying there was a clear reason and I felt like I was being moved to do so.

Share all the stories you would like. I am sure Mr John would appreciate it. Something tells me, he heard me even though we never got a chance to talk that last attempted visit.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
X2

Had a few similar experiences over the years. Some I acted on, some I didn't and now regret not acting.

About 20 years ago, I had this strong feeling to call a close friend of mine that lived a couple of hours away. All day long, something kept telling me to call, but with a houseful of young kids, I put it off and told myself I'd call "tomorrow".

He unexpectedly died the next morning and I had missed my last opportunity to ever talk with him again. All these years later, it still bothers me that I didn't pick up the phone that day.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A couple of days before Christmas in 1992 my Dad had a heart attack. Then 3 days after Christmas, while still in the hospital, he suffered a stroke. 10 days later he was transferred to a rehab facility about 35-40 minutes from home. I had spent all that day up there with Mom, anyone who has done that knows how draining it is. So late in the afternoon we come home and Mom has supper with us. We know sooner finish and Mom says "Let's go back up and see Daddy". Now the next day was the first day of muzzleloader season, I was tired and had stuff to do, we had 3 kids and the oldest was 5. The last thing I wanted to do was drive over an hour after being there ALL day. But I did. Dad died the next morning.