Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Woodwright's Shop"

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
PBS used to run a series called "the Woodwright's Shop" with Roy Underhill. Roy only works with tradional hand tools. He is quite the craftsman and I found him very intertaining. Lot of times he would be almost breathless at the end of the show.

Anyway I just found out he offers classes. http://www.woodwrightschool.com/. I think it would be cool to take one of his basic classes. Anyone else remember the show?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sam i think i remember that show. I watch a lot of those wood working shows and pbs in general. Where is your local out of?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Oursbis 34 out of osu. Down at the farm we get 3 different ones and its really cool to see the difference in programming.

Our has 4 channels. 45-1 is the main PBS, 45-2 is mostly artsy stuff, 45-3 is lots of news from foreign networks in English, 45-4 is the Spanish language channel.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep, I remember. Back then, I was into wood working as well. I remember that goofy hat he wore. He's very talented & it would wear me out just watching. I'm surprised he hasn't had a coronary. I prefer power tools just the same. lol

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I watched it all the time. I found his shop alittle fast paced and it seemed he was always looking for something he missed placed. But I perfer power tools.
Frank

Ricer2231

I remember it, how he had that old retriever, I think it was a retriever, laying around and how if something didn't work just right he would just improvise and move on. I really enjoyed it.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I remember it, how he had that old retriever, I think it was a retriever, laying around and how if something didn't work just right he would just improvise and move on. I really enjoyed it.

imagesCAPLCTAX.jpguntitled.jpg