Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How .22 ammo is made

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That was awesome. I found a small gun shop out where I hunt that had plenty of CCI 22LR Sub-Sonic HP so I bought a bunch.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It would be cool to have a PALLET parked in the garage....

15 yrs ago my son and I ran across a great buy on Russian Junior Brass standard target rounds that shot as good Eley 10X for 1.39 a box.
We bought over 50,000 rounds and glad we did. It has shot great in evey gun we have tried it in.
That reminds me I have most of a brick of Eley to dig out an sell.
The funny part is we told all the shooting guys we knew and only 2 bought a brick of 500. A year later they both ran out and wanted some more since it shot so good. One of them didn't understand why we wouldn't sell any since the supply was gone and we had the same lot. Most of the time cheap doesn't pay.
Frank

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
15 yrs ago my son and I ran across a great buy on Russian Junior Brass standard target rounds that shot as good Eley 10X for 1.39 a box.
We bought over 50,000 rounds and glad we did. It has shot great in evey gun we have tried it in.
That reminds me I have most of a brick of Eley to dig out an sell.
The funny part is we told all the shooting guys we knew and only 2 bought a brick of 500. A year later they both ran out and wanted some more since it shot so good. One of them didn't understand why we wouldn't sell any since the supply was gone and we had the same lot. Most of the time cheap doesn't pay.
Frank

Back in the late 80's I bought a brick of Russian that was pretty bad. It was in a bluish green box. Had several missfires in every box and it did group well in the rifles I had then. Not sure if it was a representative lot or not. That brick lasted forever, because I kept using other stuff.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Back in the late 80's I bought a brick of Russian that was pretty bad. It was in a bluish green box. Had several missfires in every box and it did group well in the rifles I had then. Not sure if it was a representative lot or not. That brick lasted forever, because I kept using other stuff.

The bluish green boxed Russian I had back then was stell cased and was crap. It wouldn't eject after firing in a 10-22. Never had a problem with the Junior Brass cased ammo. Still shooting it.
The Junior Brass is in a light colored yellow box with a chicken on the front. My grandson used it to get his Distingished Expert Rating in NRA Youth. He is still shooting it in a WSU Postal Match now. Using a Anschutz 54 Super Match he shot a 1229, 1219, 1212, 1208, 1212 out of 1250 so far this year. And was rated 2nd Place in the Nation after week 2 but dropped to 4th Place. The kid turns 17 next week and he can shoot and so does the ammo.
He ranked 16th in the Nation in 2012 out of 110 seniors. The good part this year is he only broke 1200 once last year.
Frank

P.S. on another forum a Russian that lived in the same city were the factory that produced the Junior Brass ammo informed us that the factory closed and never will be reopened. And not other plant picked up the production of the ammo. What a shame.

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
HAHA I'm such a pack rat. :smiley_crocodile:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
HAHA I'm such a pack rat. :smiley_crocodile:

I took the last 7 boxes of that to the dayton show today. I think it sold. We sold 6000 rounds of the Russian Junior Brass in couple hours. One guy bought 11 bricks because he knew what it was and how well it shoot.
On another note I bought 50 bricks of Winchester and Remington 22LR target rounds today. I will have it next weekend.
Frank

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Know what's pissing me off?
To me, a "brick" is 500 rounds. (Even better, a box of 525 rem Golden Bullet Hollow Points, it's like a bonus brick)
These boxes of 350 and 375 piss me off.

That is all...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Know what's pissing me off?
To me, a "brick" is 500 rounds. (Even better, a box of 525 rem Golden Bullet Hollow Points, it's like a bonus brick)
These boxes of 350 and 375 piss me off.

That is all...

Agreed! How did we go from throwing in an extra 25 rounds to screwing you out of 150? Ammunition manufacturers are getting worse than gas companies. They will raise the price in a flash but it'll take two years the beat them back down, and they'll never be as low as they were before as evident by 350 round boxes.

This one should really piss you off and notice how expensive bacon is? Not only is it expensive they went from 16 to 12 ounces. That's a 25% increase in less product alone. Not to mention the 25% increase in price.

Stovetop stuffing 1.80 at Kroger now, the shit used to be a buck. I don't care whether excuse is they can't justify an 80% increase in fucking price except they're screwing people. I don't eat Ramen but I noticed it went from 10 to 20 cents. There is no way in hell a company can tell me the economy forced them into a 100% price increase.

And here is the kick in the dick about it. Kroger has the balls to put a new price on there that says "new lower price"

That's like Chevy having the balls to take a $40,000 truck and put an $80,000 price on it and the dealership calls it a fucking sale.

Unbelievable.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Agreed! How did we go from throwing in an extra 25 rounds to screwing you out of 150? Ammunition manufacturers are getting worse than gas companies. They will raise the price in a flash but it'll take two years the beat them back down, and they'll never be as low as they were before as evident by 350 round boxes.

This one should really piss you off and notice how expensive bacon is? Not only is it expensive they went from 16 to 12 ounces. That's a 25% increase in less product alone. Not to mention the 25% increase in price.

Stovetop stuffing 1.80 at Kroger now, the shit used to be a buck. I don't care whether excuse is they can't justify an 80% increase in fucking price except they're screwing people. I don't eat Ramen but I noticed it went from 10 to 20 cents. There is no way in hell a company can tell me the economy forced them into a 100% price increase.

And here is the kick in the dick about it. Kroger has the balls to put a new price on there that says "new lower price"

That's like Chevy having the balls to take a $40,000 truck and put an $80,000 price on it and the dealership calls it a fucking sale.

Unbelievable.

Preach on brother! :smiley_clap:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

Unbelievable.

That is because to many shoppers only look at the total price, not the "unit price". If more people paid attention to the unit price companies couldn't get away with it. For awhile Dicks was selling some shotshells in boxes of 20 instead of 25. I haven't been in there lately but I think they might have stopped that.

The 1/2 full boxes/bags piss me off, those and car dealers that only want to talk about monthly payments.