Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL 15 ft ladder stand

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Menards has a special on 15 ft Sky Raider ladder stand for 39.99 after a 10.00 rebate. Looks OK as I picked one up today.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I put the stand together yesterday and what a great stand and even better at 40.00.
I have a bad back with pelvic area problem and can't set on anything hard and flat. So I installed a moulded plastic seat off a chair on it and it worked out great. I have been using these mould seat bottoms for over 20 years and and have them on almost every tree stand I use. I even have couple installed on boat seat post with swivles in my hunting tower.
Our gunclub has these chairs and when one breaks the legs off I salvage the seat bottom.
Going back to pickup another stand today as they show them still in stock. I will post a picture later.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went back and got another stand. It was a opened box so they knocked 10.00 off. What a deal.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Two stands for $70? Not sure of the exact model you refer to, but entry level 15' ladders are generally close to $70. If you get the model with no seat, just an expanded metal platform to sit on they are around $60-65. You did great. Mark up on these is less than $10.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Two stands for $70? Not sure of the exact model you refer to, but entry level 15' ladders are generally close to $70. If you get the model with no seat, just an expanded metal platform to sit on they are around $60-65. You did great. Mark up on these is less than $10.

The stands are the model with the expanded seat. But they have a mould plastic seat on them now. Due to pelvic problems I can't set on anything flat and hard so all my stands have a supporting mould seat on them. That way I can set in them for 10-12 hrs and no back problem.
I found out with the opened box stand there was a extra safety harness and the ladder connecting stablizing rod. Even a better deal now.
Frank

Schu72

Streetsboro
I know Dick's is on the "naughty" list, but i couldn;t pass up a deal there the otehr day. I ended up getting 2 buddy stands for $100.

Sometimes they do bogo deals at the end of the year. I think it was 2 years ago I picked up the entry level hang on for $39 and got the 2nd free. I'm looking for a buddy stand or 2 for the kids. I might have to stop by dick's on the way home.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Phil, $50 each.

Schu, the sale was last week. Not sure if still going on or not. It was extra 50% off all items ending in .94 or .97

The stands were marked down to $99.97
Boom! 50% more off. Lol

Heckuva deal! Whether entry level buddy stand or top of the line buddy stand, that is an awesome price. Good for you man! Scratch that. Good for old scout and the boys. You were the one that bought them. rotflmao

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was at Menards today and they had the tree stands marked at 34.99 closeout. I already had 2 so didn't ask if there was a rebate.
They also had the Sniper brand Instinct Model 2 man stand for 149.99 and I asked for a lower price and gave me 139.99.
Frank

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The hunting items on sale were limited. The stand was a Big Game one.

guys always check dicks. Two years ago I stumpled into a deal there, and loaded up on stands. It was buy one get one! I think I still have stands in my garage.

Also I dont think you can beat sportsmansguide. They have hangons for 25 bucks, not the best stands, but I like them.

Huckleberry Finn

guys always check dicks. Two years ago I stumpled into a deal there, and loaded up on stands. It was buy one get one! I think I still have stands in my garage.

Also I dont think you can beat sportsmansguide. They have hangons for 25 bucks, not the best stands, but I like them.

Yea, still boycotting Dick's haha

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I took the one 39.99 stand back today and traded it for a Timber Strike Trail Breaker which turns out to be Big Boy ladder stand for closeout of 54.00. For 14.00 more I got double the stand with shooting rail and arm rest.
Looks I am good on stands now so I just got to get my food plot in.
The damn natural gas pipe line construction has started with tree clearing so I hope they get the pipe through before later summer.
Frank