Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lion Country Supply - dog training gear

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is more of a company review rather than a product review.

A few weeks ago I was referred by a friend to check out the website for Lion Country Supply, a hunting dog supplier located in Port Matilda, PA. With the new dog and all, I was in need of a few things for training purposes. On my list were a few 2" bumpers, whistles, a couple training books, and a new e-collar while I was at it. I had done a lot of shopping around for the e-collar, and to my satisfaction LCS was right on par with everyone else's prices... even a bit lower than most. (Tri Tronics Flyway Special G3 EXP) I noticed that LCS offered a free custom brass nameplate to go with the e-collar as well. I then decided I wanted a holster for the transmitter, so I added one of those to the cart for 15 more dollars. After a few clicks of the mouse, the order was placed.

Next day I received my LCS catalog in the mail that I had requested a couple weeks prior. I start to skim through it and notice an add for "Free holster with purchase of Tri Tronics collars," as well as a free second reflective collar. Shit... I just paid 15 bucks for that holster, and it didn't say anything online about it being free. So I called up LCS and was greeted by a very friendly woman. I mentioned what I had discovered, and she said, "Oh yea I saw that when I was going through orders... Don't worry, I got you all taken care of. I'll have the 15 bucks refunded ASAP."

Within two days my order had arrived... everything as promised... free holster, free spare reflective collar, and TWO free custom brass nameplates already rivoted to the collars! They also threw in a small baggy with two dog biscuits, and a note thanking me for my patronage.

I am more than impressed with this company. Not only do they have one of the best selections around, but their prices are great and the customer service is phenomenal. And I really like that they're a fairly local company, too. For anyone who owns a dog, will own a dog, or knows someone who owns a dog, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Lion Country Supply... I don't think you'll be disappointed.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have browsed their website before. Thanks for the info on your firsthand experience with them. This will definitely help someone make a decision to choose LCS if they are on the fence.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have browsed their website before. Thanks for the info on your firsthand experience with them. This will definitely help someone make a decision to choose LCS if they are on the fence.

Absolutely, man. I'm all about supporting companies that go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction. LCS is my go-to dog supplier from here on out.