Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mathews Guys

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What new one would you pick if you could pick any of them why?

Also is there a diff in Mathews z7extreme, and Mathews zextreme tactical?

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The tactical is the same bow only black. The Z7Extreme is a very good bow and I have heard a lot of good things about the new Creed but I would stay away from the Heli-m.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Why is that? I have one and it does me just fine.

My buddy and his dad boutght a z7extreme and heli-m respectively. I shot both, and I really liked the heli-m!

Do they have the same brace height?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It would be a Z7 Extreme for me. I love my Switchback XT and will be keeping it to shoot indoors again at some point. I shot the Z7 Extreme when I was shopping and damn near bought one. If it wasn't for the deal of the century on the Infinity I'm getting, I'd have one of the Extremes...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Shoot the Chill. Smooth as a solo cam, absolutely dead in the hand, and definitely the quietest bow I have ever shot. My only complaint is the 30" AT A. Honestly believe it is the best Mathews ever. It shoots nothing like the other Monsters.

Will be giving them all a try hopefully by the end of winter. Been looking at the Z7 Magnum for the most part. Was kind of wondering about the Helium as well. I have never tried a split limb bow yet so I am not too sure on the Creed for me yet. Will try to shoot them all though!!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i had an extreme sold it to a good buddy and got the helim really the same bow i like both of them,i think my z7 was a little quiter then the helim not much tho, heard good things from a guy about the creed but i wont be buying a new one for awhile.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Only thing about the creed, it is split limbs.

I know mathews has made monster or whatever, but just seeing them coming out with there first split limb for them makes me weary.

I want to stick with the Z7 or Helim.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Only thing about the creed, it is split limbs.

I know mathews has made monster or whatever, but just seeing them coming out with there first split limb for them makes me weary.

I want to stick with the Z7 or Helim.
Why are ya skeered of split limbs?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I actually am not scared of the split limbs, I just have never had good success with anything that is brand new for a company.

Isnt this the first year mathews ever came out with a split limb?

I will shoot all the bows, I think the z7 is the best lookign.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I actually am not scared of the split limbs, I just have never had good success with anything that is brand new for a company.

Isnt this the first year mathews ever came out with a split limb?

I will shoot all the bows, I think the z7 is the best lookign.

It is the first year they had split limbs on a solocam. They have had split limbs on Monster's for years now.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It is the first year they had split limbs on a solocam. They have had split limbs on Monster's for years now.

I see, I thought it was made in different factories though doesn mcpherson make monster owned by mathews or is it all the same?