Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I just recieved a new laptop today .....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It has Windows 8 & I really hate it. I hate change when I'm all comfy. I don't know whether to send the damn thing back or try & downgrade to Vista which I never had a problem with. I like the laptop since my other is spiraling downward, but this new system isn't making me happy.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Rick's new computer has Windows 8 and I hate, hate, hate it. I can't even stand to be on his computer. :tantrum:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
There are some tweaks that you can do to make your home screen go back to the normal desktop setup like previous versions.

Let me look tomorrow when I get to work I have a link book marked on the subject. If you downgrade go down to Windows 7, not Vista. 7 is a lot like Vista but less buggy and a lot more stable.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, thanks. I figured there's a way to do it. My wife just came home & she TOO said so. She said that she saw where there's something in windows 8 that will allow you to revert. I just gotta figure what & where that something is.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Here is what I'm looking at so far:

Classic Shell: http://www.classicshell.net/

Here is a pretty good guide, you can pick and choose what you what to change and keep the same:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/software-and-web-apps/how-to-make-windows-8-look-like-windows-7-50009546/

I have a Win8 laptop at the house, but I haven't had a chance to test any of this. If you have any trouble getting any of this to work, let me know what you are seeing and I will try it on my laptop and see if I can get it worked out.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Good to hear it at least makes things a little easier, I'm not a big fan of the Win8 home screen, so I will probably use these tweaks myself, and for my wife's sanity :)