Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Possible New World Record Indiana Bow Kill.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Truely a giant mega buck but IMO, its hard to imagine it being a 300+ deer. Not very symmetrical on the side to side typical frame IMO.

Regardless, congrats to the hunter for taking a world class deer.

Ricer2231

Truely a giant mega buck but IMO, its hard to imagine it being a 300+ deer. Not very symmetrical on the side to side typical frame IMO.

Regardless, congrats to the hunter for taking a world class deer.

I agree with ya Ric. I'm thinking more like mid to upper 200s tops. Regardless it is definitely a bruiser. Just my .02

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When they're that big, they're just big to me. However I don't see the frame necessary to produce a 300" buck. It'll be interested to see how this plays out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I guess the side to side isn't so bad looking on the above link. It looks to be a typical 6x6 frame with outlandish brows! I just don't see over 100" of abnormal points or a 200" net typical rack but I'm not holding it in my hands either.lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When they're that big, they're just big to me. However I don't see the frame necessary to produce a 300" buck. It'll be interested to see how this plays out.

Agree 100%. IF any of us ever had an encounter with a deer this size, 200" or 300" won't be crossing our minds until after the shot. lol

I wouldn't have a clue on a monster of this size. I get buggered up if they are over 140". I can sit in a stand and know if it is a shooter to me or not, but I won't try to act like I have a clue where this stud is going to score.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
They've been talking about it for a while over on AT. I don't see it but with 37 or 39 scoreable points it will add up quick...

Schu72

Streetsboro
"I talked to the folks at B&C this morning, and while they don’t want to discuss many specific measurements, they did confirm that the buck has 13-inch brow tines, and the gross nontypical score is 319 inches. "

I didn't think there was any such thing as Gross nontypical score? And if there is...does that mean this rack only has 9 inches of side to side deductions?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I can see 209"....but I don't see 309" at all...

It's a big one, but looks nothing like the Beatty buck which was over 300.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Agree 100%. IF any of us ever had an encounter with a deer this size, 200" or 300" won't be crossing our minds until after the shot. lol

I wouldn't have a clue on a monster of this size. I get buggered up if they are over 140". I can sit in a stand and know if it is a shooter to me or not, but I won't try to act like I have a clue where this stud is going to score.

Agreed, I have had shots at a few 150+ and the one haunts me to this day. It was about 10 years ago hunting outside of Tippecanoe near where the public land is by the dirt bike track. A pig of a buck came running out of the woods and cut across a cut corn field and I heard him coming like a horse. The nearest guy from me was over 100 yards from me and he said he stood there slack jawed at the rack. I tried to not focus on it and cocked my muzzy. When he hit 30 yards I pulled up and he skittered and turned broadside and I shot. I had a blood trail at least 18 inches wide for 50 yards from where I shot him until he reached the road behind me then a few drops and nothing. We called every landowner nearby and got permission to hunt 2-300 acres of woods around where I was standing. Finally pushed the 5 acre piece right behind where I was standing. I was certain he was on the ground so I chose to walk and my dad took a sit. I bounced him and a 12 point past my dad, and his muzzleloader broke as he pulled back the hammer. The catch broke, so as soon as he pulled the hammer back it slammed down and fired the gun. The buck I shot was limping but keeping up with the 12 point and my dad said the wounded one was impressively bigger. We hunted that area the rest of the season and never saw him again. The one landowner found one of his sheds that spring and measured it at 80 inches alone.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think you guys are underestimating the score quite a bit. Look at the rack in comparison to the squares of that linoleum floor. Those have to be 6" squares I'd say. When antlers are that big it's really hard to guess score by sight alone. A buddy of mine brought over one of his sets of sheds from one of his farm deer... I guessed 250" right off the bat, but it scored 302".

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I think that those are 8" tiles, using the skull plate for scale. I will agree with JB though, I think it will scoreore than you think. Those main beams are unreal, mass is great and has anyone noticed the brow tines ? Lol.