Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Olympic Arms to stop sales to NY

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=573076246049586&id=114264921930723
Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
President
Olympic Arms, Inc.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding! I hope the list fills an entire book when all is said and done! What these legislators fail to realize is the Spirit of American Patriotism in this nation is still alive and well. These manufacturers are sending a very clear message to other states which might be considering similar actions. I love it!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Unfortunately Olympics arms is not a manufacturer that probably has any contracts with any groups/LE/etc in the state. However I really like the stance they are taking.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
thanks again Diane! Olympic Arms seems like a hard nosed company sticking firm to their principles. I like it!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
To The State of New York,
In regards to your recent decisions.......... hand01.gif

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Nice to see that the police union representing 42% of all officers is helping Feinstein destroy our rights by sponsoring and helping her write the legislation.

That's the same thing I was thinking when I read this last night. I haven't heard many LEO's at all that are in favor of any more bans or restrictions, but the the union does?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's the same thing I was thinking when I read this last night. I haven't heard many LEO's at all that are in favor of any more bans or restrictions, but the the union does?

The always do. They we're the biggest opposition to Ohio getting CCW.

Think about it... Less guns = more crime... More crime = more cop jobs.. More cop Jobs = more union dues..

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I guess it makes sense.... I wish someone would call them on it just to see what the seasonings are. I bet they wouldn't come right out and admit that!