Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A who dunnit

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Temporary Insanity! But not saying who done it at this time...........

I'm laying odds it's one of the parents and the front runner would be Mom in my book with dad a close second.... Regardless, one less drunk driver on the road....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They sure look guilty. Then again, it sounds like the kind of justice the LAPD dishes out. No trial. Just judge, jury, and executioner.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You can call me a hypocrite but I don't see the comparison between the two Phil..... Temp insanity would all that's needed for this one... Anyone with kids would IMHO would agree....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You can call me a hypocrite but I don't see the comparison between the two Phil..... Temp insanity would all that's needed for this one... Anyone with kids would IMHO would agree....

Sure you do. If it would have been two cops that were killed and a third survived, odds are the third one would have lit him up. The difference is they could admit it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Comparison being judge, jury, executioner. Methods to how they got to the madness completely different. I agree, in this situation I really truly do not know how I would react. Temp insanity could quite possibly set in. Irrational behavior witnessing such an event could be expected. Where LAPD differs is they have had time to think about what happened and had calculated their moves. LAPD had a vendetta to settle. One of these parents (if they are indeed the ones that pulled the trigger) could have been in shock, temporarily insane, or whatever you want to call it. Give them several days to think about what took place and they probably wouldn't have taken justice into their own hands (if they were the ones who shot him).

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Give them several days to think about what took place and they probably wouldn't have taken justice into their own hands (if they were the ones who shot him).

I guess this is where we differ. There was a story recently where a dad caught another man molesting his very young daughter ( 5 or 6) and the dad shot and killed the guy immediately.

I think that dad should be considered a hero and that he did the right thing. I wouldn't later second guess myself on matters like this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I guess this is where we differ. There was a story recently where a dad caught another man molesting his very young daughter ( 5 or 6) and the dad shot and killed the guy immediately.

I think that dad should be considered a hero and that he did the right thing. I wouldn't later second guess myself on matters like this.

I don't know that we differ Diane. Just saying, if they had several days to digest what happened "Would they have done the same?" In the heat of the moment, I can see any rational person losing their mind. I would be devastated. My highest emotions would be at the scene of the accident, not several days later. I am certainly not judging the parents (if they pulled the trigger). Not sure I would have been different. Hope I am never in their shoes to find out. I feel horrible for their family. Absolute tragedy.