Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We'll have a bulk order on shirts and decals prior to the Expo. It would be nice to have a booth, but it is really cost prohibitive. Not to mention as someone who has worked the Expo a few times, it SUCKS! It's much better to put your TOO gear on and represent at your leisure!!!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
When is it? I have always wanted to go and to hang out with a few of ya'll would make for a better day.

Sticknstring

Thanks for the details Jesse. Guess I need a shirt or TOO now. Hedje, it is a pretty cool time, I take my son and my Dad and we have been going since 2010 and it is usually on the Saturday of the event that we get there. Maybe we will see some of the TOO family there. Print you a coupon out Hedge, it will save you a couple dollars for the entry fee, parking is 5.00 and food is expensive with long lines sometimes. We eat before we go.

Jesse said:
Not to mention as someone who has worked the Expo a few times, it SUCKS!
Jesse,
Please explain "it SUCKS". Do you have something against the expo itself or is there some other issue?

I've not been to it in over 12 years. About 3 years ago, I went to the Predator Expo that was in the building across from the D&T Expo and that was well worth it.

Bowhunter57

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I've been twice. I thought the first year was extremely boring and didn't care if I ever went back. Then we went last year just to meet some TOO'zers and that made it nice.

I'm guessing we'll go again this year IF we get to meet up with some of ya'll.

Huckleberry Finn

Working any booth, anywhere makes for long days...the guys that do it all the time wow me. I wonder what they did before smart phones.

I plan on attending!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Working any booth, anywhere makes for long days...the guys that do it all the time wow me. I wonder what they did before smart phones.

I plan on attending!

If you are busy and selling it is nice. Tiresome. But nice. If it is a slow show and you are sitting there thinking about how much you spent to get there, purchase inventory, payroll, etc, then it is a slow and painful death. I only do three shows a year. I agree with you though Huck. How some of these people do it once a month, or nearly every weekend is beyond me. This has to be especially true for those just sitting there hourly with nothing really to gain from a "good show".

I plan to attend so long as my surgery the weekend before doesn't slow me down.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Working a booth sucks. It makes for 3 long ass days! Sounds like fun until you do it a few times and then, not so much...

I could not agree more. There were parts of shows I enjoyed. Meeting some of our customers for the first time face to face, or folks I'd met on forums was good... but the rest of it is horrible. I too have a lot of respect for those that work the entire show circuit. Those are long days, with a lot of the same old deer stories over and over. Top that off with everyone that owns a video camera wanting to be sponsored... Shows probably are good for exposure, but they sure cost a lot to be involved with, and there isn't a lot of money to be made as most would seem to believe.

Thinking back, most of the really funny things, the good times, happened while trying to avoid the "working" of the shows... hehe. Some of it was pretty fun! I once talked a "Silver Fox" into giving Jeramiah Johnson a spanking.... hehe. She was tired of working the show too...