Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote Challenge.....declaration of war!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Ok guys, some of us talked about a coyote killing contest in hopes of saving some fawns this spring. I set my first ever snares yesterday, only set 8 trying to cover entrances into a field where I bowhunt. Well, I took 2 the first night and I must say it was quite a rush walking up on the dogs while they were leashed. I can't wait to check them tomorrow! Lets get this thing going fellas, I took 1 with my bow so these 2 make it 3 for me so far. BTW if any one wants what ever I catch you are welcome to them. I am doing this strictly to help the deer in my area.

I've tried for an hour to post pics but for some reason I'm not able to. I'll try again later!

DSC00019_zps054c9b8a.jpg
DSC00021_zps97a62750.jpg
DSC00024_zps0ad442bc.jpg

Last edited:

Flatlander

Darby Creek
We are at 17 pretty crappy year for us. But I won't include myself in the contest

LOL....we don't stand a chance against you Taylor, but please do keep your numbers posted. This is all in good fun and for bragging rights. I was thinking we need to have a big trophy made and rotate it to the winner each year. We could just go ahead and put your name on it, but hey at least you give us something to shoot for.

Kaiser878

ohio
I am at a measly 2! I am a little bummed with myself thus far... I never knew trapping them with leg holds could be this frustrating/ difficult.. I have about 5 or 6 missed opportunities that I sohuld have had coyotes but I didnt know any better and my traps were froze tighter than shit! Not to mention the other day I caught one by the toes and he left 2 or 3 toes behind for me in my trap.. SO there is another missed opportunity...

If I had a nickle for every time I had a foot print within 1 inch of my pan I would be sitting pretty good right now too..I dont think people realize how hard it is to guide their feet to a 1 inch circle/square that makes up your pan, I know I didnt...But I am now realizing how difficult it is!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Nice job Jimmy! Great pics of those fuggin, worthless,no good,deer killing,stinking pieces of Shit! Lol. Did I say, deer killing? Lol. Keep it up, I need too get on the ball and put my snares out.