Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smokeless muzzleloading

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have one as does JD and Lundy has a few.

What types a Savage 10ML-11 or custom builds? I passed on a Savage 10ML-11 SS at the Lima show last weekend and I hope he shows up again next month at my table with the rifle.

Lundy

Yep, I have one stock 50 cal Savage and two custom Savages with .45 cal custom barrels.

The guys on that site are the pioneers of smokeless MZ's. The patent holder, Henry Ball, that Savage purchased to make their MZ was a member but died last year. His son is still a member.

The first smokeless I purchased was a Henry Ball Limited Edition. I have a Remington 700 ML that I will be converting soon for my DIL to use.

There are a bunch of advantages to shooting smokeless

Lundy

I always thought it would be nice to get a bunch of members togther that shoot MZ's, maybe help some of the newer guys to MZ's a little. That didn't work out so maybe we can all get toegther next year before the Strouds Run DoeFest and anyone that wants to shoot my guns is welcome to do so.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yep, I have one stock 50 cal Savage and two custom Savages with .45 cal custom barrels.

The guys on that site are the pioneers of smokeless MZ's. The patent holder, Henry Ball, that Savage purchased to make their MZ was a member but died last year. His son is still a member.

The first smokeless I purchased was a Henry Ball Limited Edition. I have a Remington 700 ML that I will be converting soon for my DIL to use.

There are a bunch of advantages to shooting smokeless

Thanks for the info. Who's going to do your 700 ML conversion? I have a 700 that I don't shoot anymore that I could use for a conversion.
I passed on a really nice Savage 10ML-11 SS last weekend. If I see it next month I probaly will buy it.
Frank

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I always thought it would be nice to get a bunch of members togther that shoot MZ's, maybe help some of the newer guys to MZ's a little. That didn't work out so maybe we can all get toegther next year before the Strouds Run DoeFest and anyone that wants to shoot my guns is welcome to do so.

That's a good idea. I think someone mentioned it for this summer sometime. I'll look and see if i cant find the thread.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Sav 10ML-11 SS rifle didn't make it back into the Lima show that we seen.
So today I ordered a NIB Sav 10ML-11 in blue from our Distributor on a closeout special. I will probaly pick it up Thursday.
If anyone is interested in a Savage 10ML-11 in blue NIB let me know. I do a local pickup so that helps out the overall price. I will see if I can get more but I wouldn't wait too long as they just lowered the price again yesterday.
Frank