Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Larue tactical making a stand for the 2A

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/02/0...ew-sales-policy-for-state-and-local-agencies/

LaRue Tactical Issues New Sales Policy for State and Local Agencies
Earlier today, LaRue Tactical issued this press release.
NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2013 LEANDER, TX.
Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:
Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.
Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.
State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.
We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.
Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Mark LaRue

They just earned my respect and I WILL spend some money with them now on purpose.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Been looking for a new upper. I think I just found my company. Cost be damned.

Barrett did the same a few years back when Cali banned 50s. No Cali government sales.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I will probably buy my next couple of optics and bases with them. Their pricing is fair considering the quality and features of their mounts.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Especially if Glock, Smith, Beretta, Sig and Ruger would follow suit. That might wake up some of the big city cops.

I think we will start seeing more of this. If a couple states continue to write laws which disregard the second amendment, but the majority of firearms manufacturers and aftermarket part manufacturers adopt the same policies Larue has done. . . . Sure will make other states second guess their decisions. The future sales of all these companies will be in jeopardy if they do not stand together. The antis will continue to pick away at our writes otherwise. Lord knows the media will not report the truth, nor will the politicians. They will continue to use their smoke and mirrors in reporting and legislating.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I am going to buy something from them and send them a thank you email for their stance, even if it's just a book or bottle opener to start.
I like the looks of their seed kits in the survival section. Probably crazy pricey, but well thought out.

Never once looked at this company before; thanks for sharing that link Hedge!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Ordered one of each style of their "Dillo" openers and put this note in the order:

'm placing this order just to support your company after reading about your 2nd Amendment supporting policy (press released 2/8/13) limiting LEO sales to only items legal to the general population. Well done, boys. This is the kind of company I can support - when shopping from now on, your website will be one of the first options I look at when searching for an item I need. Thanks again.

I wanna support TenPoint the same way, but might have a tougher time puttin my money where my mouth is on that one....I handled couple of their bows at BassPro and didn't like the way they felt - I'm gonna go to their booth at the Expo and hope that I can find one that I like....