Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ted Nugent

at1010

*Supporting Member*
he had his wife on she shots this big buck, it has a tag in its ear. She then goes on a talks about it for like 20 mins how its a great thing to have for hunting cause you can GPS your deer if you cant track it to find it. She says ends it all with "this was a fair chase hunt"

I dont mind them hunting high fence, but for the love of god, please act like we are not that stupid, I am stupid at times, but good lord. I was embarrassed just watching it.

I just think he gives us a bad name at times, strictly when talking about hunting!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good grief. Gotta admit, there have been times I wish someone would give me GPS coordinates to a downed deer, but it isn't fair... :)

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Good grief. Gotta admit, there have been times I wish someone would give me GPS coordinates to a downed deer, but it isn't fair... :)

Brock I agree! Espically since it had tags in its ears! Like she literally made it seem like this is something I can invest in to put on the deer. Fugging nuts! She might just wanna stand around uncle teddy and try to look 20 still. I think she is starting to fail hard at that too now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And some people think I'm crazy for hating Ted...

Good with the bad. He may be over the top but he's done more for hunting and gun rights than we ever will. While the dude is off his rocker sometimes he's a formidable voice. If every shooter and hunter had just one tenth of teds outspoken passion, our hunting and gun rights would never be in question.

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Good with the bad. He may be over the top but he's done more for hunting and gun rights than we ever will. While the dude is off his rocker sometimes he's a formidable voice. If every shooter and hunter had just one tenth of teds outspoken passion, our hunting and gun rights would never be in question.

I could not agree more with gun rights.

Although I am young and learning more about gun rights everyday, and honestly you all have given me some wise insight on them so I do not thin my opinion is the best on that topic...haha

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I agree with Jackalope regarding gun rights, I am sure we all support TED and his stance on guns.

I think he is way over spoken in areas of hunting and brings up things that at times might not even be thought of and he brings more poor attention to them.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I was a big fan of his music back in the day and he does make some good points on our 2nd amendment rights, he's just too extreme and unpredictable at times.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I am not a fan of his show much, will watch a few minutes if I catch it while flipping through channels. I do agree that he is a voice for gun rights. I dont buy the whole "makes us look bad" reasoning though. Every person on this forum makes hunting look bad in the eyes of any anti. It doesn't matter if you never speak, or never shut your mouth......We are all the same in their mind. It never hurts to have some bat-shit crazies on your side during a fight either.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I like Ted the person, and I think he's a cool guy for the most part. However, I absolutely HATE him as an entertainer. His show is awful. Yes, I did happen to be browsing the Outdoor Channel and it was either his show or some other one where a HUGE buck was shot that had a freakin GPS tag in it's ear. I was like, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" That's the biggest joke since high fences. Oh wait, I'm sure they never used it until after the shot. :rolleyes:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The first mistake is believing we can logically and politely reason with liberals. He's just more on their level.

I can agree with this one. Sometimes you have to fight a radical with a radical. He is clearly passionate and 'most' of what he says is logical and true. I see him basically eliminating the dancing around and going straight for the jugular in the fight. In the fight for gun control I feel this is necessary. You can't dance around and try to pacify those whose main mission is to disarm America. They will not be pacified until we are defenseless.