Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snow and mailbox

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Some lowlife ran over my mailbox with what looks like a pickup with wide tires. Of course they didn't stop. Now have have to go buy a new plastic mailbox but I have the 4X4 post.
What makes me feel better is his headlight lens and turning signal lens are laying there in pieces. It looks like a newer model. I just and pray it wiped out his new fender to.
Frank

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
A good buddy of mine has a crankshaft as his mailbox post. Needless to say it doesn't get hit even by snowplows.

Another buddy heard a truck slow down and stop near his house the other night. Stepped out of the house to watch them baseball swing at the mailbox and start driving away. He grabbed a set of keys and followed them to get the license plate #, and then called it in and went home.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Your TWP or CO will replace it if they take it out, free of charge. FYI

Yep the County replaced the mailbox about 3 yrs ago with the same type I had. The wife thinks the guy will come back after work. Well he didn't. I found out it happened Monday early evening when it was snowing hard.
Ya a headlight alone is close to 200.00. But I still hope it tore the hell out of a newer fender.
Frank