Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last Day 225"

themedic

OHIO
Dont know the guy or the story but it's a slob. Anybody know the guy?

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Just out of curiosity but why do we need to know who the guy is all the time? Never really understand it...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a stud of a deer! Congrats to the hunter. I am not seeing product pimping here. I just think that is the dude's gear. Isn't like the picture is plastered with products or his bow real visible. Probably the same thing he always wears.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just out of curiosity but why do we need to know who the guy is all the time? Never really understand it...

It's the hunting world we live in. TV shows have hammered it in our head that it's the man, more specifically his gear, not the buck that matters. So often big bucks have been used as nothing more than a "I killed this so I'm a badass, buy this product". I'm in no way saying that about this buck. Just explaining my personal philosophy about why we concentrate so much on the "who". I think also its because so many times these things turn out to be part of that marketing scheme and not just a average joe good dude who just shot his buck of a lifetime. So the "who is that" is usually the first question asked so people know and can connect the dots. I think we can blame the marketing and the industry for making hunters have skepticism. That deer above is a hell of a deer. And the guy looks to be happy as a pig in shit.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Fantastic Buck! Just goes to show, It ain't over until the clock runs out! I know the weather makes it rough to be out there, but the payoff can be so sweet. Many Congrats to the Hunter.