Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Never to early.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
To get your heart checked. This morning I get to delete user accounts for a coworker who had a massive heart attack last Friday. He sat in the office right next door to me for the past 4 years and was a good guy. . 43 years old, didn't smoke, not overweight, ate like normal, would even take the stairs sometimes. He took Friday off because it was his birthday, it was also national heart awareness day, bam. Massive heart attack. No prior health issues. Survived by a wife and two kids.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wow, that sucks.

My father was 45 and his mother was 51 when they passed of heart attacks. I have mine checked at least once a year sometimes twice. Anytime I have funny feelings in my chest all I can think about is how young my dad and his mom where when they had theirs. Scary shit and something to keep an eye one for sure.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
You got that right man, cut my wrist at work a week ago last Friday and had to go in for a tetanus update. Didn't get a very good Blood Pressure report. At 26 years old that is crazy to me. You just never know... something to keep an eye on for sure.

Sorry to hear about your coworker!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wow, that sucks.

My father was 45 and his mother was 51 when they passed of heart attacks. I have mine checked at least once a year sometimes twice. Anytime I have funny feelings in my chest all I can think about is how young my dad and his mom where when they had theirs. Scary shit and something to keep an eye one for sure.

Forgot to add that I even had a stress test done about 3-4 months ago.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea that's terrible. I'm due for a check up, myself. Cardiac issues run in my family, so I should probably give this more thought than I usually do. I just plain hate going to doctors. I never have bad experiences... I just don't like going for some reason.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yea that's terrible. I'm due for a check up, myself. Cardiac issues run in my family, so I should probably give this more thought than I usually do. I just plain hate going to doctors. I never have bad experiences... I just don't like going for some reason.

Same with me man. I despise going to the doctors. I hadn't been there since I was 18 up until last Friday. My BP results was kind of a slap in the face wake up call for me. I need to start taking better care of myself, especially now with the little guy around.

Ricer2231

I hate going too but ya really can't afford not to. High blood pressure runs in my family so I started going for the yearly physical three years ago. Sad to hear about your coworker.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
No heart issues in the family some blood pressure issues but mine has always been good.... Do have a cholesterol issue but am on meds for that (when I remember too take them) but have regular blood work which will show all the levels needed for routine check ups and have always been good too go so far...

What's crazy is when you go in for a check up and they ask what meds you're on and I say one and they look at me like I'm crazy because @ 53 a lot of folks are on a half a dozen.... Couldn't fathom taking all those pills evey day....

Count my lucky stars I'm in decent shape, but we'll see how my surgery pans out on the 13th and go from there....

My condolences go out too his family that's way too young too expire from a heart attack.... I wonder if he had any signs prior too it and thougt it was nothing????

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That sucks, I see that all TOO often. Part of my job is talking to the families who just lost a loved one. The only thing I'm on , which I just started back up is my lipitor. I'm skinny as anything & I eat like a pig without able to gain anything, yet my chol is high. Go figure.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I work with a guy who eats healthy social drinker, runs 10 miles 6 days a week and his Chol matches mine.... A lot of time its just your make up not the diet.... I ate salads, chicken fish and no junk for 2 months and mine went up 2 points.... The last time mine was checked (before meds) it wa 425 the good was bad and the bad was even worse.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, had one of the guys that work for me get carted out in an ambulance just around 12:30 this afternoon.... Complaining of chest pains.... Heading too the hospital in a couple of minutes too check on him..... Don't think it was a heart attack but we're waiting on the blood work too see what it shows..... Stay tuned.....

Buckmaster

Portage
You just never know when you will be called home. Live every day to its fullest, do a good deed for someone, and tell your family that you love them.

Huckleberry Finn

You just never know when you will be called home. Live every day to its fullest, do a good deed for someone, and tell your family that you love them.

And every one of you with a wife or kids ought to have good life insurance and a will. Period.

Heart attacks run through mom's family and I tend to run a high bp.