Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Warning to Cbus area TOOzers

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
My wife's cousin is a Cbus cop, assigned to freeway patrol. I'm going on a ride along with him tomorrow. We'll be on the lookout for TOO decals so make sure you ain't speeding.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Watch out for a certain Colorado you know he'll be speeding.... Just sayin..... rotflmao Oh and then there's that Subaru/Prius hybrid..... :smiley_clap:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Tell em you were torn as to bringing the 9mm so you can use their ammo in a firefight or the 45... so you brought both! mischeif.gif

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You don't have to worry about Joe speeding...

On my way to work I roll about 80. Except around London. Troopers are thick as flies around there. But rolling around to check cams and stuff I slow roll. Lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Coming through your front door smokey.

Not a cop reported, clear clean to c-town.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359983485.746440.jpg

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I had a long report typed up the other night on my ipad and somehow lost it so I'll try again. My wife's cousin has been a Columbus cop for 34 years, 2nd highest seniority in the department. He's gone 25 years without an accident that was his fault.

Started off Monday morning with a 3 car accident on I70 near the old Landmark elevator. On the way there passed 3 more accidents in less then 2 miles on 70. The road looked dry but was icy. Our accident started with a car in the center lane doing a 360. He hit the front of a car in the left lane. Car in the left lane hit the breaks and got rear ended. So the driver of the first car got ticketed for failure to control, last car got one for assured clear distance and no proof of insurance. First 2 could drive away but the last one got towed.

After that was done we sat on a ramp and lasered cars on a 55 mph stretch of 70. Didn't take long to catch one going 81. Chased her down and she came to a dead stop in the left lane, we almost hit her. Dennis got her over to the right berm, but he was pissed. Then went back to the same spot and quickly got an 86. Chased her down and she also stopped in the left lane. We almost got hit trying to get her over to the right. Now Dennis is really pissed, he said he usually only gets 1 of those a day and today was 2 in a row. This also had no proof of insurance.

Went to a section of 33 and quickly caught a guy doing 78 (in a 55) in a rental. This guy actually started bawling with his ticket. Next one was a 71 in a 55 and he pulled off to the left too! The owner was a passenger and the driver was a 20 year old from FL. Neither could show proof in insurance, Dennis said if neither could show proof in court both would loose their licenses.

Then we went to the station while Dennis finished some paper work on the accident. After that we drove around just running plates. Surprising how many plates came back with problems. One was expired just last week, Dennis said he'd just warn her. He comes back to the car and writes a ticket because she had no proof of insurance. Another car had a plate damaged that you couldn't read it, he was a retired major general from the Army. He got a warning and a salute. Last car of the day showed that the owner's license was suspended. Turned on the lights and he stopped in the CENTER lane of a 5 lane road (I think Livingston but not sure now). Owner's brother was driving, but he hadn't had a license since 2008. No insurance either. And the 2 other guys in the car said they didn't have licenses either. So Dennis pulled the car off the road for them.

So what I learned is: People are stupid, pull off to the right. A lot of cars have no insurance(I already knew that). A lot of cars are driving around with drivers with "issues". The computer in the car is impressive. Oh and if you are a guy don't bawl when a cop writes you a ticket.

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Ive always wanted to do a ride around(from the front seat) and see what its all about.

I cant imagine the amount of idiots all LEO's have to deal with on a day to day basis. Tough job.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good report Sam. Now did these findings really surprise anyone? The times are changing for the worse every year.
I was on the Ottawa, OH Police force part-time back in the mid 1960's to 1969. Life in a small town was so simple and slow paced then.
Frank

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Cool report Sam!

I just can't imagine driving with a license suspended, or with no insurance. Just can't imagine it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The app is called waze. Gps, voice directions, traffic and hazard reports. red light cams and cops that people report.