Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saving the best for last......to be continued.

buckstar25

T-county
I don't get on the forums too much anymore, life is moving at warp speed for our family so I get on when I can and contribute when I can. I enjoy bouncing around all the different forums when I get some time (like now) and catching up. 3 active kids and jobs, it seems like a year lasts a day, that's why I enjoy the time I put into hunting, fishing, and the outdoors, its a way for me I put life in slow motion, and the forums sometimes jump start or light the fire for me. I'm gonna use this thread as my offseason updates, experiences, blah, blah, blah! That being said, the topic says it all about the last cam pull of my season.

My dad has been on a mission to get his tag filled, I had time today to get out with him and do some walking. I wanted to shed hunt and I forgot my safety rope at one of my stands, I told him I would walk back and get it and maybe get some deer up and on their feet. No sheds found, found 2 new stand locations, got my safety rope, jumped 8 deer, and pulled all but one cam for paint jobs and cleaning. No deer went his way.

Got the pictures loaded on the laptop and started going through them, I couldn't believe the pics we got. 3 bucks that were first timers in front of our cameras. We run 7 cams all year and upwards of 10 during rut. Got some awesome pics of turkeys, coyote, fox, squirrels, and deer. Anyone who read my threads earlier remembers how disappointed I was, an to some degree I still am but this last pull has given me hope, lots of it! I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did.

Last edited:

buckstar25

T-county
Here are the 3 bucks, and a few others I thought were cool. The doe got lucky the shot wasn't a couple inches lower, almost looks too fresh for a legal shot though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850603.945282.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850619.551035.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850638.025396.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850651.861459.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850666.914955.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850689.311032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850707.093435.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359850721.665967.jpg

The big 8 in the brush may be the one my dad missed during gun season. I would say he is close to 140". The rear view 10 looks to have the start of a drop tine, and the misshaped 9 just blew us away when we saw it. He is gonna be a dandy.

buckstar25

T-county
Yeah, he is a dandy! I assume he is lookin for food and just wandered through our place. Either way a daytime picture is always good to see!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice pull! Those new bucks would certainly get me fired up! Good luck in finding their sheds and thanks for sharing.

buckstar25

T-county
Been spending as many days off as I can down at the property catching up with mowing, cams, and plot.

We can't catch a break with the plot though! Every time I over seed it, we get a monsoon. The plot is in the creek bottom and has been pooled up most of the summer. Planted clover, purple tops, rape and corn. Got pics of a fox squirrel digging up 2 full rows of corn, then the flood, plot is patchy to say the least. Got a couple of nice bucks on cams so far and some great doe/fawn pics. This is the only one I have on the phone right now.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374675648.257728.jpg

Watched an absolute monster run in front of the truck earlier in the summer and have been trying to get him on cams but have failed so far. The stumps we have set up as mineral sights have been producing good pics and we tried Whitetail Institutes 30-06 Tall Tine, deer preferred the Trophy Rock over it hands down.

Still waiting on the bucks from last year to show up, really anxious to see the big 6. Hoping to get the new bow put together within the next week and get it broke in.

buckstar25

T-county
The tall brow 8 pt in the first set of pics really blew up and is a 10 this year, I'll post pics later. And I am glad to see a buck like that 10 regularly on the cam. He is a nice one!