Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Local range.

Ricer2231

Well I got my bow back from Milo after he tuned her up so I need to get to practicing. There is a local indoor range here so I headed over this morning to learn my bow and sling a few arrows. They also have a league there on Thursday evenings that I am hoping to get into when the next league starts up. Anyhow I absolutely love my "new to me" bow and I am really looking forward to practicing and the upcoming 3d season. Then ultimately getting in the woods with it this coming year to kill my first deer with her. Here are a couple pictures of the indoor range.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359820809.564609.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359820827.321029.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359820847.381480.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice Don! Hope the lighting is better than what the pic shows. Have fun playing around with your new bow!

Is that a dancing bear on the back line? Looks awfully skinny, do you know what brand of targets they are?

Ricer2231

Very nice Don! Hope the lighting is better than what the pic shows. Have fun playing around with your new bow!

Is that a dancing bear on the back line? Looks awfully skinny, do you know what brand of targets they are?

The lighting is actually really good. I was the first one in there this morning so they were still getting warmed up. The bear in the back looks kinda skinny mostly because it was quartering away, it's just a normal standing bear. The targets are a variety of different brands, mckenzie, delta and I think a couple of them were older rineharts.

Ricer2231

Very nice Don, how much per hour Don?

$5.00/ hour and she told me if ya run over a little it ain't no big deal. I told her I wasn't gonna run over, it's been quite a while since I shot multiple shots like I do during 3d season. Right now it don't take TOO long to get tired. I know I'm a big puss! :)

Ricer2231

I have a pretty good idea where thats at Don, when I get healed up we ought to meet up and do some shootin, I live in Byesville, just outside Cambridge

Sounds like a great idea. I work in Cambridge and shoot every Thursday, during the summer, with a buddy of mine I work with. He lives in Cambridge and has about 20-25 3d targets in his back yard.

It's here in Zanesville on Granger Hill. It's a place called Briar Rabbit.
I been curious about the indoor range..I know the 400yrd rifle range,and pistol range are worth paying 100$ a year or 150$year for family,if you plan to shoot often and are local.I think the gun ranges are 10$ an hour for non members...I will have to check out the archery range sometime though

Ricer2231

I been curious about the indoor range..I know the 400yrd rifle range,and pistol range are worth paying 100$ a year or 150$year for family,if you plan to shoot often and are local.I think the gun ranges are 10$ an hour for non members...I will have to check out the archery range sometime though

Yeah, your prices are right. The archery range is I the building right beside the office. The same building where they have the CCW classes. I have shot their sporting clays course a few times but it was a long time ago. I remember that it was really nice though. Sporting clays are $18.00 for the 50 bird course and $35.00 for the 100 bird(champions) course.