Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tomorrow is the big day!

Derek j

Knox Co.
About 8 months ago, I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, a disease that attacks your organs with tiny little "mets". It is caused from genetics.....and can either stay dormant your whole life, come and go with just spots on your skin, or full blown attack, which leads to death. As of right now, I do not know how bad it is. Tomorrow I am heading to the Cleveland Clinic, which has the only sarcoidosis clinic in America. I was told there are two ways to treat it, depending on severity: chemotherapy for mets on internal organs, and high dose steroids for the rest. Hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow about which avenue I have to travel down. Hoping the 2 hour drive goes quick TOO!! I will keep all my TOO brothers informed as soon as I get some info.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Damn man, I sure hope you're alright. I thought sarcoidosis was only something that hit people on House. Sorry to hear you have to deal with it in real life. Best of luck tomorrow!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Good luck Derek, and you will be in our prayers, I'm a strong believer in that your attitude has alot to do with the outcome and with the good attitude you have I am sure everything will work out fine.