Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Release project...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well my hinge was looking like crap from being beat up in my quiver and it was red/black...can't not have it match my rig ;) So I decided to give it a makeover. Tore it apart and removed the anodizing and it was ROUGH. I was dumbfounded by the amount of damage it had. This is what it looked like after:

Broke out some 180 grit paper and went to town. This was the most exhausting part of the process because I had to sand deep to get the pitting and dings out. After two rounds of 180:

After that it went pretty fast. 220:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
400:

600:

1500:

Started to get TOO shiny so I put some a brush on my Rotozip and gave it some "brushed" look and it is complete:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might as well go for the high polished "chrome" look now. haha Looks a lot better. Seems as if you have gotten your money out of it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Might as well go for the high polished "chrome" look now. haha Looks a lot better. Seems as if you have gotten your money out of it.

It really started to get a mirror finish to it and I didn't like it because it starts getting TOO slick. I shot an arrow with it at an almost mirror finish and the damn thing fell out of my hand after the shot. That is the main reason I brushed it afterward TOO finish up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It really started to get a mirror finish to it and I didn't like it because it starts getting TOO slick. I shot an arrow with it at an almost mirror finish and the damn thing fell out of my hand after the shot. That is the main reason I brushed it afterward TOO finish up.

I wondered about that. If you have on a glove or your hands were sweaty, the smooth surface might have been TOO smooth. Sounds like you figured it out already though. Still looking sweet!