Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huge dead head

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Don't know alot of specifics about this rack, got a text from a guy I work with and all he knew was the guy found it between Beverly and Dexter City while shed hunting, either way it is an impressive rack!

IMG957145.jpg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hold your horses! Not too make a big deal out of this, but there are some conflicts of interest on this particular deer. 2 weeks ago a good friend of mine saw it in person.and actually held it in his hands. The guy that had it, said he found it that day shed hunting. Problem is, my brother saw a picture of the same deer, with someone else holding it, 2 weeks before that..... It's a absolute giant, but as usual a lot of controversy. Iam waiting to hear more info on this and will keep you posted.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Hold your horses! Not too make a big deal out of this, but there are some conflicts of interest on this particular deer. 2 weeks ago a good friend of mine saw it in person.and actually held it in his hands. The guy that had it, said he found it that day shed hunting. Problem is, my brother saw a picture of the same deer, with someone else holding it, 2 weeks before that..... It's a absolute giant, but as usual a lot of controversy. Iam waiting to hear more info on this and will keep you posted.

My guess is you will never hear the truth on this deer. That's just my opinion though...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm fairly certain I know the "truth" about this buck, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. I can say with absolute certainty that it is not from that area and it was "found" about a month ago.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
With how white the rack is it makes me wonder if it was a penned up deer.

Yep. Same thing I said when I was first shown the picture. Like I said, there is a lot to the this story. But I have zero doubt it is not a free range deer. It is true however that it was "found" here in Washington County.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
sorta figured that there was more to it than what I was told, its still an impressive rack, pen raised or not, thanks for the info guys, I knew someone would know more about it.