Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB 22-250

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
One that I recommend looking into also is a Browning. I have the A-Bolt and love it. It has the BOSS which I don't recommend because it ROCKS anyone beside you! It isn't for sale but another to consider when out looking. I will also keep my eyes open...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have a Rem 700 Heavy barrel Varmiter in 22-250AI (Ackley Improved) I would concider selling. The Ackley Improved is just a improved blownout 22-250 case. You can shoot regular 22-250 ammo and it will form the case for you.
It would be a reload situtation after that and I will throw in a set of 22-250AI dies.
With the 22-250AI case you will have 22 Swift speed.
Frank

Kaiser878

ohio
Thanks Beener.

MK111, I don't know a ton about rifles so I can't say I fully understand wwhat u mean. So it shoots regular 22-250 bullets? But after it shoots them it changes the casing?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks Beener.

MK111, I don't know a ton about rifles so I can't say I fully understand wwhat u mean. So it shoots regular 22-250 bullets? But after it shoots them it changes the casing?

The improved has deeper shoulders than the standard 22-250. it allows for increased pressures/velocity loads...this guns a screamer on the 700 platform. once you fire the standard 22-250 load in this chamber it will"fire form" to fit that gun. We have one...its wicked on anything it touches...it will add anywhere around 200 FPS to 22-250 hot loads. it is a reload only bullet though as it should be..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a Remington 700 in the Mossy Oak Brush that is a shooting sum beech. Good luck finding ammo though! I think you would be really happy with the Remington, but that's the only one I have experience with. Last weekend in a 20 mph crosswind, I shot a 3" group of 3 at 200 yards just laying on a round bale. And once you see it shoot something like a watermelon at that distance, you'll know it'll DESTROY a yote or anything else!

Kaiser878

ohio
The improved has deeper shoulders than the standard 22-250. it allows for increased pressures/velocity loads...this guns a screamer on the 700 platform. once you fire the standard 22-250 load in this chamber it will"fire form" to fit that gun. We have one...its wicked on anything it touches...it will add anywhere around 200 FPS to 22-250 hot loads. it is a reload only bullet though as it should be..

So can u only shoot reloads in this gun? Or can u shoot standard 22-250 shells? Man am I confused.

I found a remington 700 with a bull barrel for 525 brand new. Is that a good deal?

Kaiser878

ohio
Post a pic of urs Jesse. I know its not for sale but I wanna see if its the same gun I looked at.

U git pics mk111? I forgot to mention I kinda want a synthetic stalk as well. Because I'm hard on equipment.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So can u only shoot reloads in this gun? Or can u shoot standard 22-250 shells? Man am I confused.

I found a remington 700 with a bull barrel for 525 brand new. Is that a good deal?
you can shoot regular 22-250 in it you just cant reload it back into the old 22-250...if you going to pitch them them dont worry about it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

It's a Remington 700 ADL which was made for the box stores. No fancy trigger, shorter barrel by 2" can the comparable SPS Long Range, but the same overall quality you expect from a Remington rifle. It may not be the high end 700, but she shoots like a dream. IMO, this looks more like the SPS Varmint or LR than it does the pics of the ADLs you see...

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
Ok. Thanks Milo.

Jesse, that's the same gun I found but in black and they want 525 for it. Is that a good price

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ok. Thanks Milo.

Jesse, that's the same gun I found but in black and they want 525 for it. Is that a good price

My opinion is it is OK given the current market. I paid $450 for mine in February of last year from Dicks and it is obviously camo, which should cost more coin. Ammo is a mother to find right now, so when you find some, stock up!