Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its time to act brothers of the cat slayers!!! Ditch tiger season tonk!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep... cats, both feral and domestic, are probably a bigger detriment to wildlife than any other predator. Just one reason I hate cats.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I almost did one this afternnod eating on some of my meat scrapes. Picture is at 50 yds. He must have went 15-25 lbs and notice the short tail. I put a new scope on my 22 mag house rifle and don't have it sighted in yet. Correcting that.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
<--------- Not a cat person.

:smiley_clap:

I'm an equal opportunity cat killer. To this day my favorite kill was on a feral tom cat that was attacking our barn cats and scaring deer off during my hunts, not to mention deliberately pissing all over my feeder. I was in the stand one night when he came walking through and I had one small window to shoot through at 42 yards. I figured "fugg it" if nothing else, I'll scare the piss out of him. When a G5 Small Game Head tipped 427 grain arrow hits a cat in the ear hole on the walk and that distance, they are DONE!!! I couldn't even get the head out of his head and had to unscrew the arrow and sacrifice the head. But my problem was solved!!!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
:smiley_clap:

I'm an equal opportunity cat killer. To this day my favorite kill was on a feral tom cat that was attacking our barn cats and scaring deer off during my hunts, not to mention deliberately pissing all over my feeder. I was in the stand one night when he came walking through and I had one small window to shoot through at 42 yards. I figured "fugg it" if nothing else, I'll scare the piss out of him. When a G5 Small Game Head tipped 427 grain arrow hits a cat in the ear hole on the walk and that distance, they are DONE!!! I couldn't even get the head out of his head and had to unscrew the arrow and sacrifice the head. But my problem was solved!!!

I had one year before last, that ruined a shot on a great buck. I'm still after that cat. Mr. Phil Hicks had the opportunity to take him out, but didn't! :tantrum:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My best...We had perpetual rabbit killer on a farm that the farmer wanted killed. We just happened to be outside looking at his new JD 9660 when we see it crossing in the far distance in one of his fields (snow was on and the cat was grey). He had me hop in shotgun (really Beretta) and he was off racing across the field. When he gets close to it he over compensates and the truck slides sideways. I ended up popping the cat in the head, while it was on a dead run with the truck sliding sideways at a good clip.

We talk about it every time we see each other. He says it was because of he perfectly timed skid, I say it was the marksman. ;)

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
When Syndi passed , she left me with her 2 cats. (Inside only). Now I have killed my share of wild or feral cats but I have no problem with inside cats. I prefer dogs and have had one in the house most of my life but for now, the cat will do until I'm home more often and can train another pup.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I think my number is well over 500. Back in Highschool, damn near every weekend and some weeknights my buddies and I would get some beer and a .22 and spotlight and go out driving. These were traditions passed down to me from my Dad. Good times

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I've got you beat easily Red...rotflmao

One time a buddy and I were doing that and we were using a 16 gauge shotgun...boy was that dumb...it's a long story, but we got the shit scared out of us by a guy that followed us in the dark and jumped out of his truck in his underwear and jerked my buddy through the window of his impala..rotflmao Good times!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I've got you beat easily Red...rotflmao

One time a buddy and I were doing that and we were using a 16 gauge shotgun...boy was that dumb...it's a long story, but we got the shit scared out of us by a guy that followed us in the dark and jumped out of his truck in his underwear and jerked my buddy through the window of his impala..rotflmao Good times!

LOL. I got chased a few times. But when you drive a 1984 mustang 5.0 with 750 carb and 410 rear end gears, you aint getting caught