Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covert Scouting Camera MP6

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I wanted to post a small review about the Covert MP6 camera I won from the Monster Raxx trail cam contest. I felt obligated to do this review because the camera is the best I've used. I have 2 other brand name cams. I won't name them because I'm not here to slam any other brands and quite frankly, they've been great cameras as well. However, I am very pleased with this one. This is based one week of use.

1. It has the ability to see the pictures right on its screen. Although the images are small, when in a pinch or in a hurry, it is a nice feature.
2. The ease of use is incredible. Setup and the functions are very easy to operate.
3. It has video mode, but have not tested it yet.
4. Can hold a variety of SD card sizes. One of my other cams is not like that.
5. It is very small and compact making it less visible to thieves. It is smaller than the average hand.
6. Check out the pic quality. It speaks for itself. (forgive the bad angle, I had the cam a little too high) The color is amazing in my opinion.

131.jpg

134.jpg

163.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Looks like a great camera. Ive had great luck with covert in the past when they came out with the SG550. That thing is still going strong, but having to use a remote is a pain.

May have to give this one a shot! Im a sucker for small cams.

Keep us updated

Absolutely love the quality of pictures the DLC Covert cams provide. The last couple of years I have really noticed the improvements they have made and now it seems the pictures you see are worthy of framing. The latest I saw from them is HD video that's coming out soon. Man the test video's in that format are incredible!!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I TOO have the MP6. I use all my cams in video mode & the daytime clarity of the MP6 sucks. The night time vids are great. I love my 550s & I just recieved my 4th. Unfortunately, my first 3 finally went bad on me this season after years of faithful service when they first came out. Just the same, the stills on the MP6 are good & I do believe this is going to be a great workhorse for me. I also have the Code Black mms & that is why I went with the MP6. The battery life of the MP6 just keeps going . The battery life on my Code Black doesn't last much more than a month with less than a hundred pics due to deer traffic.

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Hopefully im not hijacking too bad but this is a must know.

I dont think covert makes the 550's anymore, but there are other companies that have takin it on.

Any how, if anyone does order a 550 make sure it is a HCO(i believe thats right), and not a bolyguard or any other off shoot brand. I ordered 3 of each last year. The HCO's have all been flawless, where the off brand ones have had issues. The customer service also sucked as they hardly spoke english. Pay the extra $$$.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Scoutgard just came out with a 2 year warranty i believe now for their cams as well as pretested cams before the consumer gets them.