Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hang on seats

reo

N.E. Ohio
Took advantage of some recent sales and picked of a few hang on stands. 2 Gorillas and a Big Game. This will be my first real attempt at hang on stands as I have been hunting out of climbers almost exclusively. My question is do any of you folks modify/add to the seat cushions? I am aware that I will not match the comfort of my padded sling style seats in my climbers but from playing with my new hang on's in the basement I am predicting a sore bottom after a couple of hours in them. Any ideas from those who have added a little cushion to their simple flip-up pad style hang on seats would be appreciated.

Looking more for home-brew solutions. I see the $60 gorilla upgrade cushions but I have some sort of problem putting a cushion on a stand that costs over half of what the stand did to begin with. In addition, I could use something to do.

TIA
Ron

reo

N.E. Ohio
Thank YOU! Certianly a better price than the $60 dollar options I have seen. Still wondering about any home made ideas.

BTW, I would carry any cushion out between hunts.:smiley_coolpeace:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
awhile back, during a cold and windy soccer game, my wife went to a sporting goods store with a hunting section and picked up 2, camo seat heater pillows...the kind that absorb your body heat and keep your seat warm so your butt don't get cold....anyway, I zipped tied one of those to my hang on seat....right down the middle so it created 2 pads essentially, one for each cheek!! so far it has worked out pretty good and a lot more comfortable!

I'll try to get some pics when I'm out there this week