Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CRP and walk in private land

joshobrien77

Out west I know this is a huge thing. But here in ohio I'm having a hard time finding more info. Public hunting is a total waste and is getting scary in some places. So anyone have any info on open private land based on crp or other state/federal programs?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Josh it's probably help too know where you're at.... Some guys on here are avid varmit hunters and you may have a chance too be invited too tag along but as far as your question I don't have any idea..... Good luck.... :smiley_coolpeace:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Over the years I've run across properties here and there with signs posted saying, "Hunting With Permission Only." These are ODOW-provided signs, but I don't know what (if any) government program the properties are enrolled in. And I've never seen any kind of publication pointing to the locations of these types of properties. Josh, I think your best bet would to contact the Division of Wildlife Headquarters in the district that you hunt. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wil...ngpage/contactdefault/tabid/5669/Default.aspx

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ohio isn't like other states like north Dakota where hunting is open of Crp lands. Best heir is to contact the odnr or start knocking on doors.

joshobrien77

Thanks guys! I know this is an old thread been a busy year. I'm north side if pickaway county. I have done lots of door knocking and talking to farmers. All nice people but out if 30 or so only one gave permission. I'm game just to hut totes and groundhogs. Think I might hut up some cattle operations and offer to thin out the pigeons and starlings with my airgun as a foot in the door.

If there are any coyote or ground hog groups I would live to tag along.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Good luck, its tough going even for varmits anymore it seems. Everyone's grandson either hunts now or they are afraid to let someone hunt based on past experiences. Would love to see the ODNR open up some walk in programs like they do in other states but don't really see that happening here in Ohio anytime soon.