Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a nation of takers..........

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...8259940213918254.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

In President Obama's second inaugural address, he not only outlined an ambitious agenda for his second term but also seemed intent on shutting down debate about the social-welfare state and its impact on American life.

"The commitments we make to each other—through Medicare, and Medicaid, and Social Security—these things do not sap our initiative; they strengthen us," Mr. Obama said. "They do not make us a nation of takers; they free us to take the risks that make this country great." In other words, the president is tired of listening to critics of America's entitlement programs, and as far as he is concerned, the discussion is now over.

It is not over—and won't be anytime soon, because the country's social-welfare spending is generating severe and mounting hazards for the nation. These hazards are not only fiscal but moral.

A growing body of empirical evidence points to increasing dependency on state largess. The evidence documents as well a number of perverse and disturbing changes that this entitlement state is imposing on society.
More at the link

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I heard that and was floored....saw a funny bumper sticker the other day....it said moochers and for the o's was the obama sign...thought that was appropriate.. I see the Patent office line is as long as the welfare line...risk takers my ass..the only risk they take is if they get caught selling foodstamps for cash to by drugs

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
The discussion is over?? What Obama needs to remember is he's done running for President, he's now a lame duck. 1/3 of the Senate and all the House will be up for election in 2 years. They are going to be more worried about their re-elction then his legacy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lead by a Government of vote buyers.

Yep

Without a doubt, if Obama said in his campaign ads that he was going after the entitlement programs and get people on welfare and social security that shouldn't be on it.....he'd have lost. That's sickening!

Last edited: