Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Before, during, or after snow?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just got some good news for tomorrow. School cancelled because we are supposed to get hammered starting around 9am.
I'm gonna take advantage and put some seat time in.
I have my thoughts on the best time during inclement weather, but what are your thoughts?
Do you see more action before a snow storm? During? After?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I prefer to hunt in the evening this time of year. It doesn't matter to me if there is a storm coming or going. Sadly, I can't hunt evenings nearly enough, so that is probably why I prefer them. Should be a great day in the stand tomorrow, Mike. Go whenever you can! And good luck!

Huckleberry Finn

I'm with Brock, kind of an evening guy.

I don't know what the front looks like, but Ricer's suggestion might be best. Hunt the morning, wait til it gets bad and get out, and then get right back in after lunch til the evening if you have the time to do it.

hunter56

The last snow storm we had about a month ago we got good snow on Sat morning. I went Sat evening and not to much moving, went the following evening and one of my best hunts this year passed up a decent 10 ptr basket 8 and several other deer. For once they came in with shooting light left like they were hungry. That would be Sat evening this time the way the snow is suppose to fall.