Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waterfowl Survey

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Give your feedback on the 2013 - 2014 season... It only takes a few minutes, and there's even a comment section at the end to add more specific input, like moving the North / South zone border back to the previous border... Ok that's just my opinion, but you get the point. :smiley_coolpeace:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/New...-to-Share-Feedback-for-2013-2014-Seasons.aspx

Ohio Waterfowl Hunters Asked to Share Feedback for 2013-2014 Seasons
JAN
Written by: ODNR Division of Wildlife
1/22/2013
COLUMBUS, OH - The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is requesting the state’s waterfowl hunters provide input on the timing of the 2013-2014 fall waterfowl hunting seasons and the locations where they prefer to hunt.

ODNR Division of Wildlife biologists are seeking input from Ohio waterfowl hunters through an online survey so season dates and opportunities can be matched to the preferences of as many hunters as possible within federal guidelines.

The ODNR Division of Wildlife survey will be available Jan. 22-Feb. 15 at wildohio.com. Hunters need to provide their customer identification number to participate in the survey. The customer identification number is found on all Ohio hunting and fishing licenses or at wildohio.com in the Wild Ohio Customer Center by clicking on the Manage Your Customer Account link.

Customers without Internet access can call 800-WILDLIFE (945-3543) and take the survey from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. during the dates when the survey is open. Phone survey participants will also need their customer identification number.

Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp customers who purchased a hunting license and provided a valid email address will receive an invitation to take the survey in an effort to increase awareness and participation. Stamp customers need to provide a customer identification number to participate in the survey.

Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp customers who wish to provide an email address to receive future invitations may sign up at wildohio.com in the Wild Ohio Customer Center.

The Ohio Wildlife Council will establish 2013-2014 waterfowl season dates in August after federal guidelines are provided. Similar information was solicited by the ODNR Division of Wildlife from Ohio waterfowl hunters and used to set the 2012-2013 hunting season dates.

ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.com.

Click here to take the survey

- 30 -

For more information, contact:
Mike Ervin, ODNR Division of Wildlife
740-747-2525, ext. 23
Matt Eiselstein, ODNR Office of Communications
614-265-6860

Trackback Print

Derek j

Knox Co.
Hopefully they can do something about the dates. Having the North duck end at the beginning of January is ridiculous. Thats when it just starts getting good. Not sure how the North/South border could be improved......even though I think it could be. The old way really sucked....with the new border much more streamlined and easier to understand. But I think if it could be moved farther north, it would be better fro central Ohio. I would move north date out to at least mid-January. Gives us North zone guys at least a couple good weeks of hunting.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the reminder, Sean. The waterfowl survey is actually a survey that the ODNR seems to listen to. After last season's survey they changed the season dates and splits directly correlated to the preferred dates shown in the survey responses. I think the dates for the north zone were actually really good... I just think the boundary for the north zone is too far south. The second-split dates are always kind of tough... Some years they seem just right, other years the season seems to end too soon... It just depends on the weather. Extending the season a little later would definitely not make me upset, considering that I like to hunt a lot of fields.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I completed mine on Tuesday. Being a newer waterfowler and living down south, I really have no basis for complaint. My wish last year was to be able to kill more geese and that was granted. I still think we could kill more and not many folks hunt them down here and we have TONS of them along the river. I saw close to a 1K yesterday on my drive south on Rt. 7 from New Mat to Belpre...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I completed mine on Tuesday. Being a newer waterfowler and living down south, I really have no basis for complaint. My wish last year was to be able to kill more geese and that was granted. I still think we could kill more and not many folks hunt them down here and we have TONS of them along the river. I saw close to a 1K yesterday on my drive south on Rt. 7 from New Mat to Belpre...

Damn, son... That's a butt load of geese.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Damn, son... That's a butt load of geese.

Every group I saw was 50 deep or better. I went the back way to the farm along Rt. 60 yesterday TOO and found one field with well over 100 locked down in 2-3 different groups. Once I get my shit together and get me some places to hunt, its on like Donkey Kong. The biggest issue down here is that we have a ton of resident geese and them fuggers know where they are safe...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Every group I saw was 50 deep or better. I went the back way to the farm along Rt. 60 yesterday TOO and found one field with well over 100 locked down in 2-3 different groups. Once I get my shit together and get me some places to hunt, its on like Donkey Kong. The biggest issue down here is that we have a ton of resident geese and them fuggers know where they are safe...

Yea, a lot of the birds near Seville are like that too. They always seem to know what fields are just inside the village limits. Fuggers...