Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A Thank You to TenPoint Crossbows.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
News Release

TENPOINT CROSSBOW TECHNOLOGIES
1325 Waterloo Road
Mogadore, OH 44260
www.tenpointcrossbows.com

For immediate release

TenPoint Withdraws from ESOS Event and
Purchases Lifetime NRA Memberships for Employees

Mogadore, OH –TenPoint Crossbow Technologies’ Chairman and CEO, Rick Bednar, expressing his company’s steadfast disagreement with the decision of the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show management to prohibit the display and sale of Modern Sporting Rifles at its 2013 Harrisburg, PA event, has decided to remove TenPoint’s display from the upcoming February 2-10 show.

“We are taking this action to stand in solidarity with many other shooting and outdoor sporting goods manufacturers in support of the guarantees expressed in the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution,” Bednar said. “We regret having to make this decision because we have supported this great consumer event nearly every year since our inception in 1994. It is unfortunate, but I believe we must take this position as a matter of principle.”

To underscore his decision, Bednar has also decided to purchase lifetime NRA memberships for all TenPoint employees who wish to have one. “The NRA, more than any other entity, has led the effort to protect of our right to own and bear arms,” Bednar said. “The best way to support their effort is to grow the ranks of their membership.”

“The NRA mission, however, encompasses greater goals than simply protecting our right to bear arms,” Bednar continued. “Before we opened our doors for business, we crafted a Corporate Statement that guides our decision making process, and we think it is compatible with the NRA’s larger view. In part, this Statement has motivated us to support their efforts. Its last sentence states that, ‘… we are committed to the care and conservation of our land, water and air; to the humane and responsible management of our wildlife and to the preservation and expansion of recreational shooting and hunting.’ We believe the NRA shares a similar view.”

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
That's IT!
That just tipped my buying decision - my next crossbow will be a TenPoint. I was considering among 3, but that just made my mind up.
I can support a company with those principles.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
:smiley_clap:

It good to see that more and more people involved with hunting and shooting sports understand we are in this together.

The fudds are getting harder to find.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw this last night and commented on it... I've owned two TenPoints and their customer service has always been outstanding and this is good news but not really a shock..... They are a stand up company and their people are always really going out of the way too help you out.... Went too the company one time and talked with the plant manager and he had his assistant get me coffee and offered me some doghnuts as well and I was just there too check the place out and ask a couple of questions.... They're only a half hour drive from me so it was convienant.....

Waitting too see if Horton follows suit which is another Ohio based company which by the way I had visited this year as well..... Just about the same service minus the coffeee and doughnut..... :smiley_clap:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow what a sign of standing up for what you believe in. Bet you life the Washington Elected insiders are watching this with open minds. Well most of them anyway.
I will spend my hard earned money with the ones that walked out. We need to get a list of the ones that stayed and spend no money with them in the furture.
Frank

P.S.
I posted this story over on the other site and at last look there was over 50 readers and not one damn comment. I guess all the readers are setting their with their underwear in a bunch. The post hasn't been deleted yet but I suspect it will.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Great to hear Tenpoint came through for us!

Another thing about Tenpoint: Bowtech had some problems with a crossbow awhile back. Had a total recall for what they called "a trigger upgrade". Point is, the bows were going off at will! With such a massive recall, many new owners were going to be bow-less during Turkey Season. Tenpoint stepped in and offered "loaner crossbows" to anyone who Bowtech had in a bind. Only stipulation was return it when your done. I point-blank asked a Tenpoint Rep about it and he just smiled and said yes, we helped out several people in need. However, he did not mention the name of the Company at fault. I know some of it was for marketing purposes, but even so, sure helped out some hunters in a bind. Kudos to Tenpoint.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Can we get an official TOO thank you from the site?????

Thats kind of what this thread is. Making it known to as many people as possible that they stand with us. Which equals marketing for them.