Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prime Impact...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Caught the bug to try a different bow so I ordered a Prime Impact. It came in today and I haven't had time to really shoot it so I can't say much on that. Initial impression is:

Smooth but stiff draw
I LOVE Hoyt grips and this one is better
Gotta get used to limb stops again
Best finish I have ever seen and that says a lot compared to the K&K
Tad heavy but well balanced
Mouse fart quiet
No vibe at all

I will do a detailed review when I have time to really dig into it. Some initial pics..

My cousin Andy bought the prime impact Mid deer season. I have not shot it yet but he has been nothing but impressed with it. They are a very sharp looking bow. How do you like that stabilizer compared to a stokerized?

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I always liked a truck with a throaty dual exhaust sound to it. I didn't see the dual string cams yesterday. I don't know the technical name, but you got some cams with duallies. lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks nice, Beener. I'm curious to hear what you have to say about this bow. They intrigue me, but the extra bells and whistles scare me a bit. I like to keep things simple whenever possible... Seems like the double cams would add another dimension to tuning, and more risk of things failing. I know pics never do anything justice, but it does look to have one hell of a finish on it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks nice, Beener. I'm curious to hear what you have to say about this bow. They intrigue me, but the extra bells and whistles scare me a bit. I like to keep things simple whenever possible... Seems like the double cams would add another dimension to tuning, and more risk of things failing. I know pics never do anything justice, but it does look to have one hell of a finish on it.

I'm with JB on this. Those cams look a headache (or two) in the making...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm with JB on this. Those cams look a headache (or two) in the making...

You don't have to do a thing with them. You tune it just like any other binary accept the arrow runs down the center. Take a binary cam, split it in half and add and edge for the string tracks. Now you have a G5 cam. I guess time will tell but they are actually very simple.