Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Free guided hunt

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I was given a free guided hunt in Kansas today. Most free items I get I try and figure a way to give them out in some sort of contest. I am going to do the same thing with this hunt. I am not sure how exactly I am going to do this yet but the wheels are spinning. There will definitely be chances for people who purchase products, fans of our Facebook page and I would like to involve forums I like, if we can figure a way to do it. Anyone have any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them...oh and I have already heard the just give it to me from a few of my friends :)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
There should be some people coming back from afghanistan since the war ended that would probably love a shot at it
Or....how about a " why tbe second amendment is important to me" contest?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
There should be some people coming back from afghanistan since the war ended that would probably love a shot at it

both great ideas!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
While there are many deserving people in the states, it really is difficult to argue with the idea of donating it to one of the US troops returning from over seas. Excellent idea.

Ricer2231

While there are many deserving people in the states, it really is difficult to argue with the idea of donating it to one of the US troops returning from over seas. Excellent idea.

I agree. It would definitely be nice to give back to someone who has given so much themselves. This would definitely get my vote.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
IF. . . .(not saying this is the choice you are going with) but "IF" you go this route, I have some ideas on locating those deserving. Never done it myself, but I would think contacting local recruiters or the local Red Cross would be where I would start. They will likely have an idea of locals who may have been recently injured and/or shipped back home.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I do like the idea but I have to get some marketing out of giving this hunt away. I am sure there is a way to enter that in the equation though. We will most likely be pulling a ticket from a jar with a number of ways to get a ticket. We could give every veteran a ticket that asks for one.

Huckleberry Finn

I love the idea of giving it to a veteran. I think sometimes we wait til Memorial, the 4th, and Veteran's Day to love the men that preserve our rights and freedoms.

Ricer2231

If this sounds stupid just say so, but what about an idea of like "sponsoring" a vet. Like any member that wanted to, purchasing a ticket for them to be entered in the drawing. Just another way of saying thanks to them. Like I said if that's a stupid idea please say so, in a subtle way, I'm very sensitive. Haha. This all hinges on if this is actually what you decide to do. And any money raised through the ticket purchase could go to a charity like families of fallen soldiers or something along that line. Just my .02.

Last edited:

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
If this sounds stupid just say so, but what about an idea of like "sponsoring" a vet. Like any member that wanted to, purchasing a ticket for them to be entered in the drawing. Just another way of saying thanks to them. Like I said if that's a stupid idea please say so, in a subtle way, I'm very sensitive. Haha. This all hinges on if this is actually what you decide to do. And any money raised through the ticket purchase could go to a charity like families of fallen soldiers or something along that line. Just my .02.

I dont want to charge for a veteran but what if someone asked for a ticket for a veteran so that if they won it would be a suprise to them?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Great ideas Eric and I agree it be very nice to give back to a veteran.