Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Magic Jack Plus

Buckmaster

Portage
I went to Radio Shack today and left with a Magic Jack Plus. Its supposed to eliminate your phone service.
Anyone have one of these things and does it really work? I'll await a couple of days before opening the package in case you guys find a reason to talk me out of my purchase. Thanks for the replies.

We have it at home and in a couple months would be our first year. Paid $30 for a year of phone service at a time when money was getting real tight. We have it hooked through our computer and if you do this hopefully your computer is a newer one. Ours is older and slow and if we are working on the computer when someone calls once in a while things lock up and you can't hear the person on the phone. Every so often we have to re-start the computer for some reason as well just so we can make a call. It only happens now and then though. Not good if you are concerned about making a 911 call though.... For the most part it has served it's purpose. We had plans of switching back but now with new cell phones and being able to use them more it works just fine for the price.

Buckmaster

Portage
Thanks for your inputs. I guess we'll open the package and try it out this upcoming weekend. Then I can call Frontier and tell them to remove my phone service.
We have two cell phones as well for supplemental phones.