Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's Familiar With Marion?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
just posted in the other thread. you might want to check in Kenton as well, a city just west of marion. They used to hold a national coondog trial there, i would bet there are some outdoor stores there too.

How long you gonna be in marion? redcloud and I are about 20 minutes east of there in Galion.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Scheduled for 3 days. But could be more.....Some Steel Place there. Tuesday evening should be free. Usually the day in and day out is hectic.

Huckleberry Finn

Some steel place also known as the largest steel manufacturer in the country...lol

There's a Rural King and that's about all worth visiting.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I also vote for Waldo for lunch with a stop in Nortons.. It's a big little shop.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Part that sucks is: I usually don't get much of a lunch. They do the Bologna in the evenings?

Norton's has some good reviews I see.......

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

This is true, G & R has good bologna and there's a hell of a good pizza place there too. The Legion isn't bad either. When you see the massive grain bin, I built it lol.

And....if you're all the way to Waldo, Blackwing Shooting Center is over there - they have a shop too

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've seen that grain bin before. Was in Waldo once for lunch....My Operator said I just HAD to try one of the Bologna's. It was real good!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Couple small gun shops on the east side of Marion. One on Pole lane Rd. just south of 309 and the other is on 309 just east of 23. I have only been in the one right there on 309 by 23 and I will say the guy that ownes that shop is a little on the strange side lol.

Rural King is pretty cool and is right on 95 by the Lowes. Other then that your going to have to drive a little to hit other sporting/gun shops.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Thanks Again Everyone! Got a list made and hope to hit a few places. Diane needs some 38's and .22 Solids are non-existent around here.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I consider Nortons my go to place. I give them first shot and they generally come through. Good people with slightly higher ammo prices than Wally/Vances.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Rick, A buddy of mine here in town has a small guns/ammo section in his store and always seems to have ammo everytime I stop out there. About 20min from Marion as Dante said so if your lookin for ammo I can see what he has available for ya. He also has a few handguns, shotguns, and a few rifles there all the time TOO.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Rick is already there and may or may not have internet access from the hotel room. I told him I'd relay messages back and forth if necessary for him.

I know he's looking for .38, other than that, I'm not sure. Just whatever catches his fancy! hehehe

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Rick is already there and may or may not have internet access from the hotel room. I told him I'd relay messages back and forth if necessary for him.

I know he's looking for .38, other than that, I'm not sure. Just whatever catches his fancy! hehehe

Hmmm. Away from home, has money on him, and looking for a shop....Yup, Rick is going to buy him a new gun while he is gone lol.