Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

If you think your hunting guns are safe...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I stole this from the doublegun bbs.

. Last year I was shocked when I couldn't purchase .450 BPE 3 1/4" Brass from Buffalo Arms because they were complying with a Massachusetts law that prohibited them from shipping any part which could be used in making a bullet into Massachusetts.

Well, there's a new one. Earlier this evening while buying some muzzleloading items I tried to purchase some lead balls from Cabela's and was informed that they could not ship me lead balls that could be used in a muzzleloading firearm, in compliance with a Massachusetts law that prohibited such.

I have no idea when this "law" was passed but you can bet I will research this further.

LEAD BALLS!!!! I must admit I naively thought that the blackpowder world would continue to be accepted as non-threatening in the overall scheme of the GUN "debates". The lesson learned is NEVER assume anything associated with weaponry as it is all being attacked by nitwits.

I mean, LEAD BALLS!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is insane! I don't think for a minute that any weapon is safe in the current political environment. I really believe the goal is to completely disarm everyone with a mind in this country.

Gordo

Athens County
That is insane! I don't think for a minute that any weapon is safe in the current political environment. I really believe the goal is to completely disarm everyone with a mind in this country.

A goal of disarming everyone is ridiculous.

Who's going to enforce that? The military and police are two of the biggest groups of gun advocates that i can think of

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Who's going to enforce that? The military and police are two of the biggest groups of gun advocates that i can think of

If you think for a minute the majority of cops won't enforce the law, whether they agree with it or not, you are mistaken. They do now in CA, Mass, NY, DC and Chicago. Waco and Ruby Ridge were over guns.

As far as the military there are many examples in history of the military being used against civilians in this country.
Some examples: the Whiskey Rebelion, the Civil War, Wounded Knee, the union movement, the Bonus Army, Japanese Internment, Kent State, etc

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you think for a minute the majority of cops won't enforce the law, whether they agree with it or not, you are mistaken. They do now in CA, Mass, NY, DC and Chicago. Waco and Ruby Ridge were over guns.

As far as the military there are many examples in history of the military being used against civilians in this country.
Some examples: the Whiskey Rebelion, the Civil War, Wounded Knee, the union movement, the Bonus Army, Japanese Internment, Kent State, etc

Forgot one. The "civil war" or more appropriately. The war for southern independence.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
My uncle lives in Mass., right near Boston. The hoops that he has to jump through on an annual basis are ridiculous. They don't legislate to directly take away your rights, but they legislate everything around the 2A to make it such a PIA to even have guns that I could see people just tired of fighting the fight. He's about to retire and I can see him getting the hell out of there within the next few years.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Exactly!!!! What is happening now is just a stepping stone. I just hope and pray that people can see this.

They won't. My girlfriend is on the liberal side of things, but she'll listen to me rant, and sometimes provide feedback. I tried explaining to her last night that trying to take away AR-15s is more about Government Tyrnanny and disarming the people from a rebellion, than about any preventing of future tragedies. And that it won't stop there. She wouldn't bite. She's not stupid, and far more on the right of Liberal than many out there who voted for Obama. Yet she still would not believe. The 40 and under Generation has been drinking the kool-aid and are too stupid and lazy to think on their own that anything bad govt related could ever happen again. We always think the people in the past were uncooth, and that could never happen in this day and age...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.

Wish we still had a world full of WWII vets. Bullcrap like this did not fly with them at the helm.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
it'll take some time, but it's coming.
I can truly see our children living under marshal law.

This is what worries me. My kids and grandkids.

We always think the people in the past were uncooth, and that could never happen in this day and age...

Yep. Americans seem to think that it can't happen to us simply because we are America. They don't get it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The man who owns the land I take care of is a WWII Vet. That man has pistol's hidden everywhere! And he carries one on him as well! 91 years old and ready for a fight. Gotta Love Those REAL AMERICANS.