Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Better fletching glue lines

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Many times i see people struggle with getting good looking glue lines on arrows. Well i think i have found a cheap and easy method for gluing with out the mess and possibly save some money. The key is a good glue tip. Attached is a picture showing a metal glue tip that attaches to bottle. I have tried many glues for fletching and some great ones i use are Fletch Weld from 30-06 outdoors ...an ohio company...that is very important to me to support our own biys out there trying to do things the right way. These small metal tips allow you to put i fine bead on a vane and nit have excess squeeze out to clean up. I recommend that you find a glass baby food jar and store some acetone in there along with the tips. This has ended the issue of my glue bottles gluing shut and minimizing my clean up time. I keep a couple twist ties handy to heoo keep the tip clean after storing in the acetone. Hopefully this helps you be more successful.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358470396612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358470396612.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 135

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I guess i should tell you how to use them. Just get your favorite bottle of super gkue and these tips are threaded and will screw on almost any bottle out there. You may need to trim the tip some to get to a thicker part if the bottle....sorry for the second post..im doing this on my phone...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
They sell them at the craft stores also. Great idea Milo. I've used them with some of my bigger bottles of fletching glue. Hard part is keeping them cleaned out.