Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beautiful girl and a great buck

themedic

OHIO
A good buddy of mines fiancé shot a real nice buck he/they were hunting all year. He scored 163 3/8 as a 11pt. This is her second nice late season buck. Here is a great harvest pic but if you care to read her story and see more pic's it can be found here:

Found where?

Just wanted to share a success story and motivate some guys to get it done.....It's not over yet....good luck guys

Thanks for looking
Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

Diablo54

Outside
I thought this was cool until I had to hear advertisements within the story. No real person says "he came in at 32 yards and I pulled back my Hoyt with a lumenock and whisker biscuit with a rage broadhead on it and killed it!". Really ruined it for me. Sad to see what "hunting" is coming to.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I thought this was cool until I had to hear advertisements within the story. No real person says "he came in at 32 yards and I pulled back my Hoyt with a lumenock and whisker biscuit with a rage broadhead on it and killed it!". Really ruined it for me. Sad to see what "hunting" is coming to.

Dang. Glad I didn't read it then. Too bad people feel like they have to pimp everything anymore. It's about the hunt, not the commercial.

Diablo54

Outside
Those weren't the exact words. But here they are

" At 33 yards he presented a perfect quartering away shot. With adrenaline rushing through my body, I raised my Wicked Ridge Warrior crossbow, aimed at his vitals, squeezed the trigger and I watched my Lumenok bury right behind his shoulder!"

themedic

OHIO
The story that follows was written by a good friend of mine and records her hunt for a mature buck that her ,and her fiancé, have been hunting for the entire 2012-2013 season. The story demonstrates the power of late season food sources and the action packed (high encounter numbers) that late season hunting can provide. With the cold temperatures that remain in Ohio, I encourage everyone with a tag left ,to do some low impact scouting, locate the biggest late season food source and then spend some hours in the tree/blind. Something I read many years ago, that I always remember this time of year is: Any buck worth hunting next year is out there today. The season is far from over! Good luck and Congratulations Jill!

As Written by: Jillian Trapasso

The day was January 2nd, a chilly day in an Ohio turnip field with a high temperature of 24 degrees. My fiance and I were only in the blind for 15 minutes when the first 4 does came out. Twenty minutes later, 16 more does came running into the field being chased by a 130 inch 8 point and a giant wide 11 point. We had seen the giant 11 pointer before and he was the one I wanted!

I sat motionless and anxiously watched the bucks spar for several minutes across the field. It seemed the second rut was in full swing and the does crossed the field in an attempt to escape the pressure of the late rutting bucks. The does all came with-in 30 yards and I was confident the bucks would follow.

After what seemed like forever, the winner of the sparring match (my wide 11 point) came trotting, grunting and dogging every doe he saw towards the blind. At 33 yards he presented a perfect quartering away shot. With adrenaline rushing through my body, I raised my Wicked Ridge Warrior crossbow, aimed at his vitals, squeezed the trigger and I watched my Lumenok bury right behind his shoulder! Immediately after the shot, the field exploded with deer running in every direction. My buck ran 50 yards before stumbling and finally falling down at approximately 75 yards.

It was a truly an amazing hunt and I have never been so excited in my life! I’m am so thankful and humbled, to have harvested such a mature, monster buck and sharing the experience with my fiancé ,that introduced me to hunting, only made the accomplishment that more special!

We scored the buck the next day and with 11 scorable points, a 21 7/8 inside spread and he grossed an amazing 163 3/8 inches! I hope to take the deer to the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo this spring, keep an eye out for him!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for sharing with us on TOO Corey. That is a great buck and a good motivator for those still holding buck tags. You are correct. It can still be done. Congrats to the hunters.

themedic

OHIO
I agree that her writing the product names kind of take away from the story but I asked her to write a story, this is was she wanted to say...so I posted it. She nor I, are sponsored by any of these products. I think she only wanted to portray that she has confidence in her equipment and I applaud that. I know to many archers that couldnt tell you what kind of bow or arrow they shoot.

As for the negative comments, Its not appreciated. I could be wrong, but I thought TOO was established because ************* became to "clickish" and regulatory with bias moderators? Many of you know me, I think I have a good reputation by most. Did I do something wrong? Yes, I try to drive traffic to my web page, but so did many members on this site when it was established. Hell, I still have the PM's over at *************.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Yes, I try to drive traffic to my web page,

Well, knock it off!

I have 6 websites, 4 of them hunting/fishing related and never post links to them.

It's called respect.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a real nice late season buck! Congrats to the hunter and her fiancé for sticking it out and getting it done.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well, knock it off!

I have 6 websites, 4 of them hunting/fishing related and never post links to them.

It's called respect.

As a very established and contributing member I hope you know that you are more than welcome to post your links.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree that her writing the product names kind of take away from the story but I asked her to write a story, this is was she wanted to say...so I posted it. She nor I, are sponsored by any of these products. I think she only wanted to portray that she has confidence in her equipment and I applaud that. I know to many archers that couldnt tell you what kind of bow or arrow they shoot.

As for the negative comments, Its not appreciated. I could be wrong, but I thought TOO was established because ************* became to "clickish" and regulatory with bias moderators? Many of you know me, I think I have a good reputation by most. Did I do something wrong? Yes, I try to drive traffic to my web page, but so did many members on this site when it was established. Hell, I still have the PM's over at *************.

You don't have to appreciate the negative comments Corey. They were not posted attempting to gain your appreciation or admiration. What you posted in the manner you did amounts to little more than spam. You admitted such yourself that you were trying to drive traffic. Its not only the manner is which you posted it, but also your habit of showing up occasionally and posting a link. This post wouldn't be so bad if you were actually a contributing member. But you're not, you only show up from time to time in order to promote yourself and a site. You've done it four or five times now and we've let it slide. It's however clearly evident now though that you have no intention of being a productive contributing member here and your reasons for being here are completely self-servant. You were invited here from somewhere else as a friend who at the time we obviously enjoyed reading his posts. Since then you have started your own outfitting business and you've change from a poster who offers great stories and insight to a marketing poster. We have many members here who post their website and products. They either provide discounted products to our members or are they are regulars who contribute to the forum as a whole. You aren't either of those and to allow this isn't fair to them or others. TOO wasn't created to cater to paid sponsors and to date we still dont have any holding funding over our heads, so it sure as heck isn't going to cater to spam.

Hope that helps you understand a little more why this was an issue. I appreciate you late posting the rest of the story for the members to read. I'm sure they enjoyed it too. It's a heck of a buck and a good late season story.

As for the marketing aspect. I hope you stick around and become a contributing member. By "contributing" I mean a regular poster. You'll catch far more flies with honey. Take hicks and milo for example. They don't promote their site in their posts. But everyone knows, if you want a stand or archery gear you need to talk to hicks or milo. Matter of fact, they both contribute so much to the site I gave them a banner add at the top of the page. Marketing isn't all about getting the word out there. It's also about establishing relationships.

Last edited: