Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got me an SAR Assault Rifle...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A Squirrel Assault Rifle :smiley_crocodile:

Ruger 10/22 International stainless. Put a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9 on it. Got a 25 round Butler Creek magazine so I'm ready for the Zombie Squirrel Apocalypse.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
That's purty...very purty.....
and 10/22? 'nuff said.

That magazine will someday make you a criminal :smiley_depressive:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks like a really nice gun, Sam. It's just hard to beat a 10 22. Squirrels be in trouble now!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Let me know how you like the Butler Creek mag, Sam. I've thought about getting some of them, but saw a fella on Youtube beating them up pretty bad. Could have been just a bad batch, and I'd value your opinion more than a stranger's. :)

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Brock I hope to try the other mag tomorrow, I'll give a full report. I shot the rifle with the factory mag just enough to sight it in.

If you can find them
Butler Creek has a 25 rnd mag , called Steel Lips

A touch better than the plastic feed lips

But that mag is a good one , non the less
As I have several

John

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks, John! I have a Challenger and it is a blast to shoot. It would however be a bit more fun to clear a bigger clip than a 10 round.

Huckleberry Finn

Mine has the steel lips so I'm hoping its a good one.

You should be good. When I got my Rem 597, all the reviews were about cheap generation mags. The steel 10 rounder does fine, but I've already cracked 1 25 rounder (plastic). Good thing I just ordered 3 more, and I'm gonna be careful!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Is that as little (short) as it looks, or just the picture that makes it look that way? (Inquiring short people want to know!)