Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arkansas 2013

Kaiser878

ohio
We arrived here in Arkansas yesterday around noon. Our friend picked us up and we drove around and did some site seeing. There are ducks everywhere around here.

Fast forward to this morning...We got up and got all our equipment loaded in the Rangers. We got to our filed and pulled the 20 foot blind in the edge where we wanted to hunt. Yes, thats right...I said pulled the 20 foot blind into place...Our buddy down here doesnt leave his blinds in the same spot. He moves them daily to where the best hunting is. Anyone who duck hunts knows how important a hide is...These blinds blend in so well its unbelievable...

There were six of us comfortably positioned in this blind watching the msot unbelievable duck show ive ever seen. Today the duck of popularity was the gadwalls. We ended up with our 36 birds and it was some kind of wonderful...... I am looking for my beautiful drake shoveler while im down here...I got shoveler fever and blew it on a beautiful drake.... I blew his ass off twice....but he kept going....Either way...Here is today's pile.

Ill keep posting updates from the hunt...I didnt take many photos today..but I will tomm

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice work buddy. Love those gaddies. But hey, listen... If you don't take more pictures I'm going to kick your ass when you get back! lol

Mao

Coshocton, OH
You and I are going to have to talk when you get back Zach. I am going to pass up a Canadian bear hunt this fall to head down to Arkansas to do what you are doing next year. I look forward to the pics. Keep em coming!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Very nice!!! Is this a buddy or outfitter? Im looking for a place to head next year to get the pup on as many retireves as possible.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nice work buddy. Love those gaddies. But hey, listen... If you don't take more pictures I'm going to kick your ass when you get back! lol

I'm no duck hunter by far..... But I do know taking more pic's will be a lot less painful than a Woody Max to the Johnson rotflmao Just thinkin' ahead here.

Kaiser878

ohio
We are hunting with a friend. No guide service.

If all goes as planned tomorrow I should have some awesome pics of something I've been wanting to try for a long time.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff, Zach. Is the Echo Calls store in Arkansas also? If so, a new signed Echo Pure Meat single-reed would make a great early bday present for me... Just sayin'. lmao

Derek j

Knox Co.
Arkansas is the duck mecca!! We had a blast down there last year. We messed up and went to reelfoot lake this year, and had 2 days of hunting Ohio birds......meaning there were none! Enjoy your time....it ends quickly!! Hope you have days of limits and good times!!