Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

More goosage ..And finally BLING!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Hunted today with my buddy Aaron on a public spot. We didn't have the best hide but figured there were enough around we'd fool some. We managed 5 but really easily should of killed our 2 man limit ....We blew a couple good opportunities ..Ended up one short but Aaron shot one with bling ,so that counts as 2 ...lol. . Banded in Mich in 2010 as a juvi

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to finally see a little bling. 1 out of 150ish is pretty shitty band odds in Ohio, IMO. Just goes to show you... If you want to shoot bands quit asking me to go with you. lmao

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I am wondering when I will finally get some jewelry. I have shot quite a few in my short 3 year career but wondering if it will ever happen. We even listen to "Bandz a Make Her Dance" by Juicy J for good luck before each hunt and it hasnt helped yet. Go figure. LOL... Good work by the way Jake.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Glad to finally see a little bling. 1 out of 150ish is pretty shitty band odds in Ohio, IMO. Just goes to show you... If you want to shoot bands quit asking me to go with you. lmao

Don't feel bad jimbo. I have been involved in a lot of goose killing ...One band out of every 150 is about my average probably, if not higher. Thats just how it goes .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am wondering when I will finally get some jewelry. I have shot quite a few in my short 3 year career but wondering if it will ever happen. We even listen to "Bandz a Make Her Dance" by Juicy J for good luck before each hunt and it hasnt helped yet. Go figure. LOL... Good work by the way Jake.

I feel your pain, Marcus. I've been doing this for 14 years, and have yet to get a band... of any kind. lol It's my curse.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I feel your pain, Marcus. I've been doing this for 14 years, and have yet to get a band... of any kind. lol It's my curse.

Wow... I will go ahead and quit crying now...LOL... Honestly I think it may be more impressive that you have managed to go that long without whackin one with jewelry...LOL...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow... I will go ahead and quit crying now...LOL... Honestly I think it may be more impressive that you have managed to go that long without whackin one with jewelry...LOL...

Oh yea... It's impressive alright... and downright sickening at the same time. lmao

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I've only killed on banded bird, but I shot it on my birthday during Timber's first season. It was the only goose we killed that morning and it somehow made it past my two buddies & in front of my blind. Must have been one of those things that was just meant to be. The bird was banded in the exotic wilderness of Baltimore OH.

Congrats on the bling bling Jake!!

Kaiser878

ohio
Good work Jake. Save a few fore when I get back sat.

Bands are odd. It seems to go in spurts in my area. I haven't shot a band in two years. But thw year before that I shot like 4. No one is really killing bands in my area. And there's been a lot of birds dieing lately. My buddy brett shot one in September when we were early season hunting. That's the only one I've seen this year

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Whats odd is how certain areas are band rich and others are empty Last yr we only shot about 80 geese and 3 were banded...This yr we are close to 150 with only one band. The last few yrs I lived in Dayton we killed close to 300 and only had one band . Another weird thing...I hunted this field once last yr during late goose and killed a band. Haven't hunted it since t hen. Fast forward a yr and Aaron kills that banded bird....so apparently this field has a good average at least .lol. I have shot 4 banded ducks and 3 banded geese in my hunting career. . Hopefully more to come.