Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Vinyl Records

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I think I posted up some awhile back that I was starting to collect/listen to vinyl records after getting a record player passed down to me. I've heard way too many people come over and say "man I wish you we knew you collected them, we just got rid of a bunch of them" or people throwing them out.

Just wanted to toss this up, I'm interested in them if you have or know of anyone that is getting rid of them. Kind of turned into a hobby as of late. I collect mostly Classic Rock (60's,70's,80's) and Country.

Thanks!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
My dad still has all his...Zepplin, Beatles (red,white, and blue), Fleetwood Mac, etc. Too many to name. I grew up listening to em

Complete collections of Zeppelin or Beatles are going for good money. I'm three shy of complete Zeppelin. I found a couple good lots on Craigslist that had some really good albums in them for pretty cheap.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
eBay has some lots too. I was just looking last night, ironically.

I always wanted to decorate the bar area with the cool classic covers. If you come across any doubles from lots you buy and want to unload them keep me in mind.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Really??? I never noticed either.

The first 2 covers that come to mind that are "suggestive", but are females, are Golden Earring (album with Radar Love) and the Cars (Candy-O).

I'm sure there are worse, in fact, I know there are worse. Just remember those ones.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I also grew up listening to my dad's old vinyl records. He had anything from Ray Stevens, The Beatles, The Troggs, The Beach Boys, Stones, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, Jan and Dean. . . . little bit of everything.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Really??? I never noticed either.

The first 2 covers that come to mind that are "suggestive", but ate females, are Golden Earring (album with Radar Love) and the Cars (Candy-O).

I'm sure there are worse, in fact, I know there are worse. Just remember those ones.

REO - Hi Infidelity is pretty good as well.

Here are the two Rush albums I was talking about, you are welcome to these two if you want to put them on your wall :)

rush_for_cotty.JPG

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
REO - Hi Infidelity is pretty good as well.

Here are the two Rush albums I was talking about, you are welcome to these two if you want to put them on your wall :)

View attachment 12348

I'll pass, thanks... not a Rush fan at all and defenitely not a fan of those covers. Lol

Another good cover is Foreigner's with Dirty White Boy. Nothing like a girl sitting in the urinal with her panties down.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When Huck goes there again he will try to scratch and sniff.

lmao

My old man has 300+ vinyls stashed away some where. He has the full gamete of stuff TOO. I can remember him spinning Pink Floyd Another Brick in the Wall and Moody Blues, along with Jethro Tull, Eagles, CCR and more. I grew up with some great tunes!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'll pass, thanks... not a Rush fan at all and defenitely not a fan of those covers. Lol

Another good cover is Foreigner's with Dirty White Boy. Nothing like a girl sitting in the urinal with her panties down.

All jokes aside, would you be interested in a Huey Lewis Sports album? That would probably look pretty good hanging in a man cave??

AlbumCovers-HueyLewisandtheNews-Sports%u0025281983%29.jpg

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I will look through the rest of mine as well. I sold most of my doubles, but I know there were 3 or 4 that I know of that had triples. I am going to buy a couple more lots trying to finish off my Zeppelin collection as well so who knows what doubles I will have.

Let me know when you are ready to start decorating and the Huey Lewis is yours at least, and I may have a few more by then as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Chuck Berry? Elvis? Man, I just keep thinking of some of the stuff my Dad has collecting dust. He had a bit of an eclectic taste in music. Then again, go back to the 50's-60's-70's and it puts him in the junior high to college age range and into his early 20's. I know my musical tastes evolved throughout those age ranges as well. Not a real surprise he has a diverse collection. Probably worth some money. I think he has the Beatles "White Album" and "SGT Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band" on 33.

You have any old Bob Dylan?